The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2166 with first concave being a Loewen helical large wire, second being a straight large wire, and third being a straight large skip wire. This worked great in the wheat and I'm hoping it will work well enough in beans to not warrant any changes. Any opinions?

One thought is to maybe remove every other wire on the second concave on only the back half and try that in both crops.

Objective is to not have to change anything on the concaves between crops due to being a pain in the butt for 1 guy.

I only run about 250 acres.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Removing the wires could help keep soybeans from cracking. If you have easy threshing wheat it probably will be fine.

You should be able to do a lot with slowing down the rotor and opening the concave to keep from cracking soybeans. Lots of guys here did that with peas and they crack worse than beans I think. Just open it up and slow it down.

For 250 ac I don't see a problem. Might lose a little separating capacity in soybeans, but that won't be a big issue at all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking of removing wires to optimize for beans as we do more beans than wheat and we do have easy threshing wheat since we only run 50-100 ac per year of it, which allows us to wait for the best moisture/ harvesting conditions.

·
Registered
118 Posts
C M Welding Inc. now has the Estes RPR Concave thrashing/separating systems (that stop rotor loss) for all Flagship and 88 series combines. 765-258-4024 ask for Donnie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts