The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alarms on a 9600? We want to use ours to swath with and we want to disable the separator and don't want to listen to the alarms.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Start the engine, machine and feederhouse and take the hydo. handle move it out of neutral and turn the key to start the engine, the starter will not work because it will be out of neutral and should stop the low shaft speed monitor from working.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are using it as a swather. We run Mac Don headers and so all we have to do is shift one draper over and bypass the adapters hyd and then you have a 30' side delivery. By taking the cylinder variable speed belt, the separator belt, chopper belt and the chain on the side of the feeder house off nothing is turning other than the header.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why buy another piece of equipment that I would have a sore neck watching all day when I can set in a seat above the cutter bar and watch it. We are swathing wheat that has gotten to weedy to cut. It has been a heck of a year.

·
Registered
321 Posts
For all the trouble, why don't you buy an older 30' pulltype swather that folds quickly? They're pretty cheap

What are you swathing?

jd

·
Registered
321 Posts
Moly Hoses!!! Is the wheat still viable? Even for feed?

Like one post said, you need to pull off the chopper, secondary c-shaft and cyl drive belts to save wear

I would have to look at the wiring in the schematic, but either find the buzzer and just unplug it if possible, or find a way to get 12v to you header clutch and just keep the header switch in the off pos. in the cab

Heck I guess you could make jumper plugs for each of the monitored shafts, just unplug the sensor and plug the jumper in?

jd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts