The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been having trouble with feeder house and/or rock trap beater plugging...not sure which one or both...my question is when this happens i raise the auger and reverse the fh for 30 seconds or so...then put it back in gear...some times it plugs again and sometimes it goes...might have to do this 2 or 3 times....is this too harsh on the equipment or do i need to get out of cab and throw the beans stalks on the ground? thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Doesn't sound like abuse to me. I would say that after i properly adjusted the feeder house slip clutch, feeder house plugging essentially ended. I would take a rain day and check it out on your machine. It's pretty simple.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any tips on adjusting the fh slip clutch....most often reversing at wide open and putting the fh back in gear wide open...its an 05 2388 if that matters...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drum is lowered for beans....i did not think it would hurt to engage feeder at full throttle...dont know what the book says about it

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I certainly wouldn't say that is abusive. I always engage fh at full rpm especially if unplugging it. If the wad goes through and hits the rotor at half rpm you will probably be unpluging it next.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts