The Combine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
At first, thought your issue could have been the setting of the potentiometer that senses the position of the folding door and chopper.. ….if set on the edge they can intermittently alarm. However with the straw distribution factor it’s more than just electronic…. The bent discharge paddle in conditions with tough straw will definitely lead to problems…. I have only seen this with dodgey discharge paddles while dropping very damp straw not chopping.. that’s another dynamic. You say the straw is not too bad dampness wise so not not sure if what I just said is red herring or not….. nevertheless when you got straw forcing out gaps in the rotor discharge area and uneven straw spreading I think your very fortunate not to be having to stop and pull a round bale out the back….. and on that note I wouldn’t make the ‘straw blockage ‘ sensor any less sensitive it may save your bacon.
Apologies for the long diatribe… my money on the bent paddle and also check that the folding door has not got some issue where it lacks hydraulic pressure in the rams allowing it to drift out of position.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts