The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where in a 4430 Cab the Isobus connections to tap into system are located? Thanks

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Which system do you need access to? The GPS, boom controls, and rate controller are on their own bus, which you might be able to tie into right at the monitor. Aim Command Pro has its own separate bus. The engine and chassis are accessible at the debug port under the buddy seat (where the fuses are).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which system do you need access to? The GPS, boom controls, and rate controller are on their own bus, which you might be able to tie into right at the monitor. Aim Command Pro has its own separate bus. The engine and chassis are accessible at the debug port under the buddy seat (where the fuses are).
Thanks Torriem,

What I’m attempting to do, and believe me I need ALL the help I can get,,,is ultumately tie into the Spray System,,,ie the valve, the flow meter, and possibly the boom sections for section control,,,,,tie and and control / monitor the valve, the flow meter and possibly the boom section with my TOPCON X35....while still doing steering and boom height control with the existing PRO 700.

Reason is, I have been using my CROPSPEC system through my X35 I. The past on my 3310 SPX very successfully to do real-time VRT N app on my wheat. Well is getting close to that time here again but now I have a 4430 with AIMCOMMAND and just now I’m finding out if the systems are ISO on the 4430, I maybe able to tap in and use the X35 and Cropspec after all.

One point of confusion for me however is I insist on using the 4430 in conventional spray mode while streaming N, so am wondering how to make that interface with the X35....I am hoping just setting up for Conventional on the nozzles and in the PRO700 Toolkit/Control/Valve tab...then tapping in with X35....kind of breaking new ground here I am thinking

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
You'll definitely need to interface with the canbus that is going to the pro 700 monitor then. I don't know where there are open connectors on the bus, though. Beyond this I really don't know how to do what you want to do. The rate controller is a Raven controller but I'm not sure it's ISOBUS exactly. It doesn't export a virtual terminal interface like the newer ones do.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You can't use the pro 700 for the VR? Or you say real time so you have sensors on the booms and apply accordingly?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can't use the pro 700 for the VR? Or you say real time so you have sensors on the booms and apply accordingly?
Danger,

I am trying to tie in my TOPCON CROPSPEC sensors into the Spray System on my 4430....if you google TOP CON CROPSPEC you see what I’m talking about....easiest and cleanest way to do this is through ISOBUS system....but I’m cofusedas it if my 2012 model year 4430 is ISOBUS wired,,,,and if so where are the connections to tap in o the SPRAY controller system...

Thanks

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Given what we've talked about in the other thread, it's unlikely the CROPSPEC will work with the rate controller that's in your 4430, since it's not an ISOBUS rate controller (although it is on the same can bus that ISOBUS devices would use).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts