The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a New Holland T7.250 and we now find out that if we want to use the IsoBus function of our IntelliView IV, there is a fee to "unlock" it. Anyone ever heard of this? I know our Challenger 765c didn't need to be "unlocked".

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a kverneland fertilizer spreader. It does have the geospread option (swath control) however, we just wanted to try the basic functions (start/stop). We happened to be demoing a MF 7624 and when we hooked it up to the spreader, everything worked fine. It seems like ISO functions are standard on all makes except CNH which charges an unlock fee (to the tune of over 1000$). Just wondering if anyone else has ever heard of this.

·
Registered
652 Posts
We always have to pay a one time unlock fee for our equipment. To use WAAS you don't need it but before you can pay for the omnistar subscription it has to be unlocked, this is the case for our case quad with pro 600, case sprayer pro 600, cat challenger 865c with fmx1000, challenger 675c cx 750, and our pro 700 in our new holland combines except those we only run WAAS so we don't unlock those, but they would need to be unlocked if we did.

·
Registered
435 Posts
thanks for the heads up...always good to know what the different companies are charging for.....never heard of an isobus unlock....wow....kinda defeats the purpose of having a universal plug that anyone can hook up to.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are aware of the unlocks for GPS guidance capabilities. We hooked the spreader to the T7 and saw it in the VT screen. However, when we tried to command the spreader to start spreading, nothing would happen. When hooked to the Massey or even our Mt765c, all functions on our spreader worked (basically all we wanted to do was open the gate on the spreader). Our NH dealer told us we would need to pay in order for it to work. We also thought it was weird that we would have to pay just to have a functioning IsoBus tractor. The worst part is that we have another NH (T7030) that we got in 2009 that we also thought was IsoBus but since it only has the IntelliView III, it would not run the spreader at all. We could use our FM 1000 monitor but once again, 800 bucks to unlock it and 300 buck for the ISO plug. Most companies are plug and play, NH seems to be plug and pay...

·
Registered
47 Posts
It should not be a problem, we have one running on a T7.185, no problems with a intelliview III, but we have installed a TECU control, but it can run without
I think that it is the software in the screen, what version is in the screens??
the version 28.1 for isobus, is not good
The T7030, maybe the fuses down by the battery is broken
It does not need to be unlock for what you want

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We found the problem on the T7. The plug on the backside of the IsoBus connector was not in all the way! We can now operate the spreader. However, even after getting the swath control unlocks, we still can't get that function to work properly. Lars, are you saying you run an exacta spreader with an IntelliView III? We were told by our NH tech, who said he got confirmation from NH, that it was not possible.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes we have a kverneland exacta (TL i Think it is)runing with Intelliview III but not one with geocontrol, but geocontrol should work on a intelliview III, but I will not used on a Intelliview III, I will take a Intelliview IV it's a better screen, giv me your info on software in screen and software on the kverneland exacta and then I can check it

The intelliview IV can run task control, so that you can use geocontrol, with GPS, but need the newest software 28.10 i think it is now. and you need a TECU
and the spreader needs to been unlock too.

But you should be able to start and stop it without

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
CNH does not charge an unlock for isobus. It does charge for variable rate or sectional control through the virtual terminal. Maybe your dealer is confused as to what you actually want?
CNH charges the dealer an arm and a leg for the PC software, hardware, and the various and sundry firmware upgrades and unlocks, I've been told. The dealer can do what he wants with them after that, as far as helping their customers. One of our local dealers figures there's no way they'll ever recoup their money CNH charges them by selling the individual updates and unlocks to farmers, so they just do it for their customers for just the cost of the time knowing good will is worth a lot. They budget in the cost of the software in their operations I suppose. Anyway I thought that was really good of them. I was able to get everything needed for variable rate seeding on my new holland air drill. He had software updates and unlocks for red, yellow, and blue machines. Just had to take him the monitor.

I do happen to know the VT functionality on the CNH monitor is a module that the dealer can install (though it ought to be there by default). Sounds like your dealer wants to charge for that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are the versions in my intelliview IV: framework v28.4.0.0, precision farming v28.5.0.0, task controller v28.13.0.0, vt v28.4.0.0. Here are the ones in my intelliview III: framework v28.2.0.0, precision farming v28.3.0.0, vt v28.1.0.0, it doesn't have task controller.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Intelliview IV should could run with that, and you do use the TC i toolbox?
What version is there on the spreader it needs to be about 1.0.9 if i remember correct
And it needs to been unlock for task control to use it

The intelliview III i world update because not the best VT version

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Lars for all the help. You seem to know more about this than any one around here. When I plug it into my intelliview III, it doesn't even recongnize it is there. When I go to my VT page, all it says is isobus virtual terminal ready.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think that it will help with the new software, can you use the VT on the intelliview III with another machine?
It can be the software, I have have seen on some T7030 Autocommand the wire was wrong from screen to Isobus connector
And the fuse that the battery box is broken

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is our first ISO machine. I was really looking forward to eliminating all of the monitors in the cab. I even want to convert our sprayer! Lars, are you a tech in Denmark? I would love to be able to have my tech contact you because they really are clueless and if they can't fix this, we will seriously look at other brands. I can't stand incompetence when it comes to equipment that costs so much money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.