The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought several 2007 International trucks with ISX engines. I'm thinking about buying programming and hardware so I can hookup my laptop to them to use for troubleshooting and minor programming and such. I've done a little research so far and have come up with either Cummins QuickCheck, NexIQ (that's what the local International dealer uses) or Drew Technologies TVIT for interface units and as far as I can tell I have to run Cummins Insite to actually communicate with the engines.
We also have a few 2001 C15s and a couple N-14s, a new QSX, a couple 2003 5.9s in tractors and a few other odds and ends. It would be nice to at least read codes and operating parameters on those also but it's not critical.
I realize I can read codes through the dash displays on these trucks but I thought through my laptop might make things a little more efficient.
I currently run a fairly powerful laptop with windows 8.1, it has lots of room for this although some have told me to use a dedicated computer because Cummins Insite is very data heavy.
Is Insite the only program that can be used with these engines, Cummins says it would be a $700 a year subscription to use it. It looks like Lite would be the one I would like.

Are any of you running programs like this for Cummins engines? Does it work for you? Is it worth having?

We do all our own troubleshooting and repairs, I could get the engines reprogrammed the way I want at the dealers but it would take some time as we would need to make appointments, run the trucks at least thirty miles into town, a couple hours per unit for six units in the end it might pay to have this equipment.

Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I really like the Dearborn Technology DPA5 CAN box. This is a RP1210 compliant device which works with Cat ET, Cummins Insite, Detroit Diesel, and a whole lot of other OEM manufactures.

Do a search on the internet for Dearborn Technology. Their people are really good to work with.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.