The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a small industry we work in...so few feeding and helping so many. Every now and then an exception prevails, whether it be an innovative solution or the drive of an individual for the pursuit of excellence. I did not know Ray closely, but admired his ethic..."the show will go on and we'll have fun doing it and the crowd will be pleased!" I've long been removed from organizing and managing farm shows, but learned today that one of the best passed on in peace. CaseIH has long been known for its long standing tradition when presenting and demonstrating its products and no one did it better than a very tall guy named Ray Bowerman! I literally had to look up to this man. So long Ray! The show will go on and the crowd will be pleased and we'll find a way to have fun doing it with out you! Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ray worked out of Racine and he will be sorely missed by all that knew him. Since I work at the dealership in Grand Island and have been quite involved with the Husker Harvest Farm Show since the beginning, I got to know Ray rather well and enjoyed working with him. He was very dedicated to his job and seemed to never tire from the very hectic schedule. How he ever got everything done in such a short amount of time and did a first class job at the same time, I'll never know. He was a truly a giant in more ways than one and handled pressure probably better than anyone else I know of. He was truly admired by those in the industry and his shoes will be hard to fill. Rest in peace, Ray.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts