The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the 7010 operator manual tonight and see case is using an Iveco engine. Searching the INTERNET I see this is part of the Fiat deal that bought out Case. I thought at first the 9 liter engine was the good old Cummin engine. Is this Fiat stuff any good?

I never seen it used in anything else. I sure have had good luck with the 8.3 Cummin. Maybe I should get an electric grease gun and keep the old 2388.

Thanks for any info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Hate to break it to you but the 8010's that didn't have the Iveco are the ones you don't want. Only makes sense they would put it in the 7010.

CNH's use of Iveco reminds me a lot of GM's use of Isuzu's Duramax. It takes a little bit to get used to but is a great strategic move in the long run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
5thgen,

What model year did the 8010 not have the Iveco engine in them?

Don't the STX's with the Iveco have the muffler on the left hand side of the tractor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
All the 8010s had Iveco engines. Some ot the 7010 test units had the Cummins motors before they decided on the Iveco for production units. It has been a great engine in the combines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
[/quote]I never seen it used in anything else.[/quote]

All of the CaseIH Steiger 4WD tractors are now using the Iveco engines. The only exception is the 535 which still uses the 15L Cummins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Last i knew was that Cummins had a joint venture with Iveco for developing clean diesel engines Called EEA European Engine Alliance. Which is where the 6.7/8.7 have come from if i not mistaken these engines use wet sleeves which is a carry over from the CDC engines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
the 8010 use a cummins from 03 to now, i know for a fact. The 9.0 in my 7010 is great, 16g/hr in bean and 18 in corn
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,768 Posts
The 8010 does not use a cummins. If you wander your way into the case parts pages and go into power production on the 8010 and then to complete engine, it tells you its an Iveco. The 7010 is a 9 L Cursor, which is an Iveco as well.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
Quote:The 8010 does not use a cummins. If you wander your way into the case parts pages and go into power production on the 8010 and then to complete engine, it tells you its an Iveco. The 7010 is a 9 L Cursor, which is an Iveco as well.
I knew the CR 9070 used Iveco, thought the 8010 would too.

Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
It would appear in 2003 the motor was an Iveco. A CaseIH* Iveco.

http://www.caseih.com/files/tbl_s33Publi....hure%202003.pdf

I was confused because the sales literature lists the motor as a CaseIH motor. It wasn't until the 06-07 models when I recall people calling them Ivecos in conversation. It's my bad on the missclassification. I don't spend as much time memorizing specs as I did when I was younger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Quote:the 8010 use a cummins from 03 to now, i know for a fact.


Wow, you could not be more wrong with that statement. Climb up on any 8010 and look at the engine plate. It plainly says Iveco.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
I don't know if I'd brag up the Iveco as more fuel efficient than a Cummins engine. I've run STX 450's with the Cummins and 8010's with the Iveco. Power takes fuel and I've never seen anything use fuel (in gal/hr) like an 8010 when you're really pushing it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
Quote:I don't know if I'd brag up the Iveco as more fuel efficient than a Cummins engine. I've run STX 450's with the Cummins and 8010's with the Iveco. Power takes fuel and I've never seen anything use fuel (in gal/hr) like an 8010 when you're really pushing it.
That could also tell you your able to load the 8010 steadier than the STX or if you don't meter your fuel in, does the STX have a bigger fuel tank? My tractor can use 20% more fuel than the combine but due to stopping to fill the air cart, uses considerably less day in day out than the combine. And the combine holds 20% more fuel than the tractor, in my case.
Or should I respect my elders?
Member's Bio
Name: midwest
Birthday: 01/01/1900
Age: 108


Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Actually both the STX's and the 8010's have a gal/hour meter that you can go to in the instruments or monitor. Of course these meters may not be the most accurate and I have no idea how they even work.

The age thing in my bio..................well, when I was signing up for the web site I looked to see what the oldest date you could enter was and somehow I ended up being the oldest guy on here.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
Quote:Actually both the STX's and the 8010's have a gal/hour meter that you can go to in the instruments or monitor. Of course these meters may not be the most accurate and I have no idea how they even work.
The age thing in my bio..................well, when I was signing up for the web site I looked to see what the oldest date you could enter was and somehow I ended up being the oldest guy on here.

O I see, you meant max fuel consumption.
So your not 108?

Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
These guys are right... the 8010 has always had the Iveco in it. My neighbor has an 03' 8010 and it has the Iveco in them. I think its confusing because the call it a Case IH motor instead of a cummins.

I love the 9L Iveco in my 7010. Its very easy on fuel when you want it to be and the power is very much their when need it. I wish they would put the Iveco in the MX's. We bought a used STX 325 this winter and it has the 9L Cummins so it will be interesting to compare the two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
The Iveco engine in a 8010 will take you where you want to go:





......and to places that maybe you wouldn't want to go.





Plenty of power and the fuel economy is not bad, considering
all the work you get out of it in a day.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
98j, good to see you on here.

You guys out west are the only ones that run their 8010's with the hand rail up over the engine compartment.

Going to run the "old" girl another year? Word is the newer 2162 drapers feed alot better than the old 2062 model in wheat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
Quote:98j, good to see you on here.

You guys out west are the only ones that run their 8010's with the hand rail up over the engine compartment.

Going to run the "old" girl another year? Word is the newer 2162 drapers feed alot better than the old 2062 model in wheat.


Hey there Midwest!
Yup, gotta run that hand rail up....gives
"Steep" a little breathing room when this neighbor stops by;
otherwise he would leave tire marks on top of the engine bay:




Going to run the 2062 again this year......just got done finishing
MacDons' work last summer and got it so the reel wouldn't hit
the grain dividers ( Hey, we are MacDon....we don't have to care!)
I have a set of pictures of that fix that I will post up in a separate
thread.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top