The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found it on a dutch website new C16 engine 800/850 HP. Maybe also bigger 800 HP STX or combine comming up?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Well with Bourgault and Seedhawk making these gigantic drills, i can totally see a STX 800 on the market within the next year or two. By the sounds of it 600HP doesn't have many spare ponies pulling these rigs.

Rumour has it that NH will release the "Cr 10000" this year at SIMA in Paris.
Also rumoured to have 700+ HP!

Does anyone know when SIMA is? I can't really find it on the web.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I heard a rumor that Case IH is experimenting with a 750 to 800 horse STX, but I also heard they are having trouble getting that much power to the ground and the quadtrack version is stripping the internal drive lugs out of the tracks. Just something I heard don't know if it is true or false.

·
Registered
385 Posts
heard this engine will be in the FR choppers as well,the V8 cursor will be gone as it doesn't meet tier 4 final

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I heard a rumor that Case IH is experimenting with a 750 to 800 horse STX, but I also heard they are having trouble getting that much power to the ground and the quadtrack version is stripping the internal drive lugs out of the tracks. Just something I heard don't know if it is true or false.
Wouldnt be too surprising ... that is Big bud territory, and those tractors are way bigger pbysically...
900 metric triples ... seems like a fad again.. like we have done this all before... hmm

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've heard some voices about a new CVT gear box 700/800 hp, so it could mean that Cnh will come out with a new bigger Steiger.

If they have this kind problem with tracks under a CVT machine, much less aggressive than a PS, it probably means that is the moment to make a completely new size of tractors to transfer the power to the ground.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Cursor 16 is the "diesel of the year 2014".

It seems that first application of this power unit will be an agricultural machine....So

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Our tillage for most of the world is max 70 ft, we have tractors now that put out 670 hp, think about it this way, Big Bud was way ahead of there time, also realize where it was built, Versatile 1150, 30 years ahead of there time, Scott.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This engine will be in a Case combine....confirmed at the factory directly by an engine installation employee on the line that is currently undergoing training and has been preforming "pre-production practice" of it's instillation. Now the question is....for an all new designed combine or something larger than a 9230?
I suppose something larger than a 9230.
It could be corresponding model of CR10090... of which New Holland talks about in Smartrack's document??

I thought that the first application of this engine would have been on a new STX Quadtrac.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Talk in west Australia of possible case deal with "harrington seed Destructor" a cage mill installed into rear of combine to pulverise the chaff fraction rendering weed seeds unviable. Current Trailling version requires approx.250hp. Independant of combine. Intentions are integrate into header , making it cheaper and simpler , however higher hp. Combines are needed. Weed seed resistance is becoming a big problem worldwide ? DeBruin engineering in Sth Aus. Have info on trailled unit.

·
Super Moderator
3,370 Posts
Talk in west Australia of possible case deal with "harrington seed Destructor" a cage mill installed into rear of combine to pulverise the chaff fraction rendering weed seeds unviable. Current Trailling version requires approx.250hp. Independant of combine. Intentions are integrate into header , making it cheaper and simpler , however higher hp. Combines are needed. Weed seed resistance is becoming a big problem worldwide ? DeBruin engineering in Sth Aus. Have info on trailled unit.
Again you Australian farmers seem to be ahead on this sort of technology.
Want to start a new thread WA?
I have some things I can add.

·
Premium Member
8,232 Posts
That seems ridiculous...another model change? So Case is going to change model numbers every two years...that's gonna get very confusing and make for really weird resale...A 4 year old combine will have had two new series introduced since it was new?

Seems silly in my opinion....so if it's already be test installed on the assembly line, new combines introduced this fall? Good lord, people thought Deere had a confusing model numbers....
Couldn't agree more!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
382 Posts
You'd think they would put it in a tractor before a combine wouldn't you? I can't see needing that much hp anyway since we are usually limited by losses out back not short hp on a class 9.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That seems ridiculous...another model change? So Case is going to change model numbers every two years...that's gonna get very confusing and make for really weird resale...A 4 year old combine will have had two new series introduced since it was new?

Seems silly in my opinion....so if it's already be test installed on the assembly line, new combines introduced this fall? Good lord, people thought Deere had a confusing model numbers....
20 series Tier 3
30 series Tier 4A
40 series Final Tier 4B

Going to keep them distinguished & separate

That's the reasoning I've been told. The 40 Series is already being built. Did you not see any when you went on the plant tour recently? Our salesman said we can get a fall delivered 5140 6140 or 7140 but nothing larger than that.

I bet the Cursor 16 will most likely be going in a New Holland forage harvester because the current NH FR850 engine is only Tier 2 and the Cursor 16 is the answer(if it is Tier 4) anyone know if it is or not?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts