The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So earlier this week I looked you up on twitter and clicked "follow". since then I haven't been able to get twitter to open either on my desktop or my phone. Starting to REALLY dislike twitter. When I signed up and tries to "like" a post it said that my account was "suspended" WHAT?????, I hadn't even done anything yet!. Got that cleared up then a couple days later, now this. I hate computers. Figure it MUST be your fault. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
So earlier this week I looked you up on twitter and clicked "follow". since then I haven't been able to get twitter to open either on my desktop or my phone. Starting to REALLY dislike twitter. When I signed up and tries to "like" a post it said that my account was "suspended" WHAT?????, I hadn't even done anything yet!. Got that cleared up then a couple days later, now this. I hate computers. Figure it MUST be your fault. LOL
On your computer do you open it as web page or thru the twitter computer app? I downloaded and tried the app once and all the fricken ads come on and I said screw this and went back to just using a web page, disables some of the posting features like quoting someone and such it seems, but I seldom post anything anyway, I'm on there more for information than anything. Thru the web page my ad blocker kills all the ads. Since they updated a while back, even for the web page you need to give them a phone number to verify who you are and that you are real. No more blue check mark though, well unless you piss high enough on the left, they you can still get one. I'm running Chrome for a browser, and never use my phone.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you dislike twitter because of that, you'll really dislike it when you start browsing through it and see the sheer stupidity of the masses, hahahahaha!

To be fair, it probably was my fault, I'm not sure what I did but I'll take the blame. Sorry I broke your twitter. ;)

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didm't use the app (din't know there was one). Just trying to open the web page and it won't open. As far as "the stupidity of the masses" goes, I see that on FB every day and to be honest have considered cancelling FB because I find "the stupidity of the masses" rather depressing.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I didm't use the app (din't know there was one). Just trying to open the web page and it won't open. As far as "the stupidity of the masses" goes, I see that on FB every day and to be honest have considered cancelling FB because I find "the stupidity of the masses" rather depressing.
Sounds like a browser issue, maybe need to clear cookies or something.

I don't do facecrack, but as for twitter, I seldom go past the original post on most things, otherwise its like reading new farmer posts about Trump in the hundreds and then becomes an exercise in futility. Same reason I seldom post. Make sure you state a disclaimer about that following or retweeting someone does not equal endorsement otherwise you can get flamed just for that. And in the twitterverse your credibility is totally judged by how many followers you have, again not something I could give a **** about, again its the idea that only the popular posters have anything intelligent to say...kind of like how it works in Hollywood lol

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rebooted my computer =and now I can access twitter. Don't know why it didn't work on my phone. Still don't understand how twitter works really.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
One thing I did was to set my account that pictures and videos do not load unless I click on them, reason I did this is that Twitter is a very high drain on internet usage otherwise, if you have unlimited data then it wouldn't be an issue, otherwise keep an eye on usage.

You can see a blurred image of the pic or vid and still read the text of the post with that feature activated, once you click on the image or vid then everything is totally normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts