The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions on the JCB 8330.

Like the idea of good road speed and all round suspension, look like they would be awesome if anyone but JCB made them.

For baling and spreading, no tillage.

Arro

·
Registered
36 Posts
Honestly heard and would expect good things, especially for Roading and Light PTO work. Have a Custom Baling Op around here runs 8330 on Krone Big Packs and he seems to do well. Just depends if you have a reliable Dealer nearby. Parts are few and far between except for the Cummins, and typically failures will be Engine and Drivetrain from what I hear (second hand mind you).

I just won't buy anything my Dealers can't support, and prefer things I can turn a Wrench on to fix more. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Honestly heard and would expect good things, especially for Roading and Light PTO work. Have a Custom Baling Op around here runs 8330 on Krone Big Packs and he seems to do well. Just depends if you have a reliable Dealer nearby. Parts are few and far between except for the Cummins, and typically failures will be Engine and Drivetrain from what I hear (second hand mind you).

I just won't buy anything my Dealers can't support, and prefer things I can turn a Wrench on to fix more. My 2 cents.
i thought an 8330 had a AGCO/Sisu engine?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
The Fendt Vario trans in those tractors works well, don't lug it down in high range, it's not going to be happy. Also, it seems the Fendt transmission controls are set to lower torque limits in this tractor than what it would accept in a Fendt/Agco application. A colleague of mine in a much hotter climate reports that they tend to run hot, whether its a fan issue or cooling system issue I don't know.

Reactions: Arro

·
Registered
855 Posts
Maybe, last I thought they were Cummins...
8250 was the last with a Cummins of the uneven wheel JCB's. From what I have observed from the Fastracs you dont want to keep them much beyond 2000hrs. The hydraulics become a money pit. My brother is currently fighting dealer and JCB over the 8130 he bought new that now has only one remote working and an astronomical quote to get it fixed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Fendt Vario trans in those tractors works well, don't lug it down in high range, it's not going to be happy. Also, it seems the Fendt transmission controls are set to lower torque limits in this tractor than what it would accept in a Fendt/Agco application. A colleague of mine in a much hotter climate reports that they tend to run hot, whether its a fan issue or cooling system issue I don't know.
Cheers, maybe just buy the Fendt?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
8250 was the last with a Cummins of the uneven wheel JCB's. From what I have observed from the Fastracs you dont want to keep them much beyond 2000hrs. The hydraulics become a money pit. My brother is currently fighting dealer and JCB over the 8130 he bought new that now has only one remote working and an astronomical quote to get it fixed.
Exactly my concern, all the JCB telehandlers are POS by 2000+ hours.
If only someone else made them.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,872 Posts
I have one on working with me on a big coolamon chaserbin / spreader this season

cab entry is terrible with the narrow steep steps and the door opening out trying to knock you off.

cab visibility is excellent, especially the front

I have only moved it out of the way one dark night

will see if I can get some seat time and let you know what I think

Reactions: Arro

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have one on working with me on a big coolamon chaserbin / spreader this season

cab entry is terrible with the narrow steep steps and the door opening out trying to knock you off.

cab visibility is excellent, especially the front

I have only moved it out of the way one dark night

will see if I can get some seat time and let you know what I think
Cheers phantom970, will be interested to see what you think. Still have to pay off the 8R before I make a move on something else. Will be a while yet!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts