The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the best spot to look for a wiring schematic for a 3220 Plus. The worklights have decided they don't wont to work anymore and with all the wires being yellow and seemingly just doing loops around the tractor makes it very hard to trace. It is starting to do my head in, I have rang all the local dealers and as soon as I mention JCB everyone seems to be really busy!!!!!. Even the radio CD player wires are the same colour, I at least thought I could do that myself but no, need a bloody wiring diagram. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Don`t have a wiring diagram but have you checked the obvious?? Fuses? we have 2 3220 plus and 1 3190 plus and one of the 3220`s has been having trouble with the front work lights blowing fuses and it ended up being the light rocker switch on the dash. What are your lights doing?? Just not working at all??

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Those things are fun when they get older, all the wiring is 18ga also. I have a service manual for a 3185 which is similar. One of our 3220s is acting up for the worklights also but we aren't running them so far this winter. I did have troubles with the relays behind the operators seat on the older one but I can't remember what the problem was. I assume you know these tractors pretty good but several of the light toggles have two positions and they have to be set certain ways to make everything work. I've also had issues with the wiring on the left side of the steering column under the dash rub through and have had ground issues in that area also.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Fonzy, how is your new 3220 going? Yep have checked all the obvious and simple things, replaced the main light switch( which is a work of art on its own!). I think there is a problem in the connection under the right panel where the drink holders are, if I pull it apart then put it back together slowly I can get power to the other two light switches and then back to the fuses for the lights (B3 & B4) but not sure where to head to from there.
Ahh the joys of electrical problems!
Offroadnt, thanks that could be the next place to look, I think that's were the wiring fom the plug heads, through the relays and up to the switches via the steering column or some other weird place they decided to run the wiring!

·
Registered
251 Posts
The 3220`s are going good, have a few little issues but nothing to stop them working. They seem to throw codes like there going out of fashion but nothing major that stopped them. They sure do earn there keep hauling sugar cane. What jobs does your JCB do??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I have a 3220 and like you have had a lot of troubles and I have a wire diagram and service manual, it makes it quite easy as all the wires are numbered and with time most things can be fixed. Message me your email address and what section you want. And I will see what I can find.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spraying and spreading is all it does, 12t spreader and 5000L boom,hardly knows it's there. I found that the codes are more related to bad earths than anything else and if you pull the big Deutsche plug of the left hand side of the motor and give it a good spray with contact cleaner every so often it helps too. Did you ever get rid of the 3m axles on the one you brought? I had just done my last set of brake pads and completely redone all the aircon system last year but apart from that nothing big mechanically repairs wise touch wood in 7250hrs. Just don't know if I would buy another one, service around here is very hit and miss.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Replaced a lot of the hoses and fittings on the AC, it kept leaking gas and we were chasing our tails trying to fix it so pulled it out and started all over again. As for the evaporator if you find a better way then pulling half the roof off please let me know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 3220 and like you have had a lot of troubles and I have a wire diagram and service manual, it makes it quite easy as all the wires are numbered and with time most things can be fixed. Message me your email address and what section you want. And I will see what I can find.
Hello. I have JCB 3220, it has an electrically controlled hydraulic distributor, it doesn't work, and on display is fault code W019. Can You help me with this problem. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
587 Posts
Hello. I have JCB 3220, it has an electrically controlled hydraulic distributor, it doesn't work, and on display is fault code W019. Can You help me with this problem. Thank you.
Hello Andrej,
Best to probably make a new post instead of responding to this one from 5 years ago. I'd imagine a much easier time if you make a new post titled "JCB 3220 Fault Code W019".

Best of luck,

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hello Andrej,
Best to probably make a new post instead of responding to this one from 5 years ago. I'd imagine a much easier time if you make a new post titled "JCB 3220 Fault Code W019".

Best of luck,
Ive sold my JCB 3220 exactly because of the troublesome hydraulics. The splice codes will not show up on the online code lists. I think they are W X and Y prefixed from memory, each letter refering to the green, blue or brown levers respectively. And I cant remember which letter refers to which colour but the code list in the manual tells you that. You will most likely be up for buying new complete hyd blocks, but if you get lucky it could be just the lever module which is just a potentiometer. Either way you will need a mechanic with a JCB specific reader on their laptop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.