The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

anyone here own/know much about the John Deere 1870 ConservaPak air seeder bar?

My old 737 bar is starting to see better days, and I really like the idea of the conservapaks (12 inch spacings ribbon sowed at 3 inch) DBS bars tend to pull up too many rocks in this country where I am (Northampton, Western Australia)

any positives negatives would be great, thanks in advance

·
Registered
27 Posts
setup video from Deere on youtube....

The tool is a very aggresive machine so if you like a smooth field finish, you won't get that the first year. They need to be fine tuned for your soil obviously. For depth control, seed placement, performance...they are a very good machine in my opinion. Just be aware, if there is a spec in the operators manual for pressure, torque, etc it needs to be followed exactly or there will be part failures that could be easily avoided.

·
Registered
911 Posts
hi everyone,

anyone here own/know much about the John Deere 1870 ConservaPak air seeder bar?

My old 737 bar is starting to see better days, and I really like the idea of the conservapaks (12 inch spacings ribbon sowed at 3 inch) DBS bars tend to pull up too many rocks in this country where I am (Northampton, Western Australia)

any positives negatives would be great, thanks in advance
My neighbour has a 40ft conservapak. Seems pretty happy with it.
In heavy breakaway country through to gravel sandplain. Breakaway has plenty of rocks and some reef as well. He reckons it is way better than his previous spring tyne Morris. He just harvested Bass at 3.6t/ha average so don't see a lot to complain about!

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Pretty happy with mine after one year. Was very wet here this spring so field finish was rough, but the crop was good anyway which is what matters. I am hoping it's drier next spring (not droughty though;)), which is what this type of drill works best in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.