The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reversing the rims, and trying a different set of rims, I've come to the conclusion it's not possible to avoid the drive tires running down the 2 outside rows on my JD4400 combine with a JD443 cornhead on 30" spacing (the steering wheels will be inside the 2 outside rows). Have I missed something? If one must drive on top of the corn rows, is there something one can do to avoid/minimize the potential damage to the drive tires (or reduce the sound of corn stalks being crunched under the tires)?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Husker Joe

·
Registered
193 Posts
I heard of people putting stalk stompers on their corn head! then they don't hear them sounds or worry about tire damage. If i remeber right they are kinda pricey. You can find them at www.shoup.com

·
Registered
377 Posts
Our 4420 is near 2000 hours and the tires still look fine. I dont really see the problem with the tires on the stalks, I mean how many acres are you really gonna do in a season with a 4400?

I dunno how you hear the stalks getting run over, all I can hear is the motor running 3 feet away and corn flowing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts