The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a JD 4420 Combine. It has been sitting around for at least 3 years under a shed roof. The previous owner did not clean the grain bin out thoroughly. There is quite a bit of seed and some rotting seeds that have caked up on the auger. I used air pressure and a wet dry vac to get most of the debris out, still there is a lot of junk left.

I want to clean out before harvesting so I do not contaminate my grains. I was thinking of using water I was wondering if anyone had some advice.

Ed

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I've had far better success with a leaf blower or compressed air than water....but if you've got sticky goo on the tank floor that may be the only way.

Open the drain ports on the right end of the cross augers, park the combine that way, and get to blowing/washing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I did have to use water. It has been dry here and it removed 99%. Now that I have really clean. once I use it I will be able to use a leaf blower and compressed air. I will never understand how people do not maintain equipment. It only takes a a little time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts