The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a bad vibration I can feel in the floor of the cab when the engine is under load. I replaced the driveline ujoints, the coupler on the engine, the Hydro isolator rubber mounts and I still have a vibration. I also tightened up the suspension scissor joints and it hasn't gone away. have any of you had any issues like this? machine has 1200 engine hrs. on it and i have ran duals on the rear. I also jacked up the rear of the machine and try to wiggle the wheels and everything seems tight. how about rear wheel bearings? Has anyone had anything similar I am stumped!:confused:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I also had the bolts start to come loose at the pump end of the shaft.
Might sound weird but could it be the A/C? On hot days my floor has a slight vibration when the fan is going hard. I usually just turn the fan off and it goes away. Just to make sure that it's not something else.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Recheck the yoke that splines onto the pump input shaft. Our came loose and the vibration was really bad. I think the cause was that the yoke was pushed onto the shaft to far and the end of the splines on the yoke bottom out on the tapered out part of the spline on the shaft, when you clamp the bolt up it only grabs on the tips of the spline and the first bit of work it moves back and is loose on the spline. Just slide the yoke back a little bit so that the splines clamp up properly when you install it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the help on here. Replaced entire driveline installed and still vibrated. Now I found the wheel bearings are out in the lh rear planetary. Picked up new planetary to the tune of $6,000. Have any of you rebuilt planetarys on 4830s? Is there anywhere that sells rebuilt. I was running duals on the rear

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Thank you for the help on here. Replaced entire driveline installed and still vibrated. Now I found the wheel bearings are out in the lh rear planetary. Picked up new planetary to the tune of $6,000. Have any of you rebuilt planetarys on 4830s? Is there anywhere that sells rebuilt. I was running duals on the rear
Very old thread, just wondering if you found out the vibration? Got one with a really bad vibration... New driveshaft, no difference, ran engine with it off, vibration still there. Harmonic balancer seems fine. Dealer cant find it

·
Registered
140 Posts
Same thing on my 4830. Last couple of days bad vibration. Had dealer out but couldn't find anything. Checked the drive shaft and seems fine. Asked about wheel motors and planetaries and they don't think thats the problem. Planetaries do get quite hot quickly. Going to change oil in the planetaries to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
When you check the drive shaft pay close attention to the yokes, in particular, check the INSIDE of the yoke for a welded on weight. If you have one look for a crack in the yoke where the weight is welded. Also, when changing oil in the planetaries, be sure to fill the rear ones no more than 1/2 BELOW the sight hole. This will lower the running temp by 20 degrees C. Fill the front ones to the sight hole as usual. I also change oil in the rear ones at every engine oil change (250 hours), front ones every other change (500 hours). Otherwise, I would check all motor mounts also for a vibration.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very old thread, just wondering if you found out the vibration? Got one with a really bad vibration... New driveshaft, no difference, ran engine with it off, vibration still there. Harmonic balancer seems fine. Dealer cant find it
My vibration was the planetary. I replaced my right hand rear planetary this may. Vibration showed up again about two years after replacing my left hand rear planetary. I dropped in a new right hand one, now both are replaced and all vibration is gone again.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before finding the vibration was the first planetary I also replaced the hydro isolator's. These are the rubber mounts that mounts the hydro to the frame.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I have left the pto shaft shield off because it fit loose and vibrated. I replaced the original u-joints after 3000 hours at the same time. Can't really recommend doing it for the safety aspect, but it is an option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had an engine vibration on 4830 with drive shaft off turned out to be fan drive pulley way out of balance from factory I suspect bought machine 2nd hand viabrating

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Good info, to a 6 year old thread with last post 3 years ago. :) I see these are your only 2 posts so I forgive you. Mostly because I like the info you gave anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts