The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor just bought a new to him 566. You turn on the monitor and there is a flashing stop sign. You can't move the twine arms with the monitor nor will it tie automatically. We can use the manual tie switch and move the arms. So i know the actuator works. There is either a problem with the monitor or a sensor is not working that stops the monitor from being able to move the arms. Has anyone ever ran into this before?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mine did things similar to that. Rats had chewed wires between PTO clutch and where the wires came out of tongue on RH side. Also had broken wires on tongue from dropping PTO shaft on them when unhooking from baler.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We need need more info. Is there an error code. Does the net wrap work. Is the stop sign up all the time. Maybe the door closed switch isn't working. Check the wires on right side above the twine box.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stop sign is flashing when you first turn on the monitor. It stays flashing until you press the wrap or retract buttons. Then it shows its tying and no stop sign. But it doesn't move twine arms. Gate sensors are working because it shows the gate is closed. All wires looked good but will check again. I have the same baler so gonna try our monitor on his baler but I'm thinking it's something on the Baler itself

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK so after looking thru the manual for the third time he finds out that there IS a fuse in the monitor. Changed it out and it works like a dream.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts