The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 567 jd baler has net wrap but is not working correctly. After the bale has reached the correct size and it calls to wrap the net the actuator that controls the net wrap doesn't move far enough to make the rollers engage. I can stop and open back door (net wrap door) and the actuator cycles perfectly and the wrap wraps the bale wrap correctly. Nothing on the back net wrap door is touching the actuator arm anywhere. The actuator is new and the voltage is correct. Any ideas?

·
Registered
324 Posts
The 567 balers had a binding issue with the actuators. Loosen the bolts on the U shaped bracket that the front of the actuator is mounted to. Then pry the bracket forward and tighten the bolts. Another thing to look for is to make sure the knife arms are not contacting anything when the actuator cycles. If all possible remove the pin from the knife and make sure you can raise and lower it without binding. My bet Is that the actuator is binding on the front pin.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can go in the monitor and do the test where I manually extend and retract the actuator and it works fine with the door up or down and there's no binding. When I do it while rolling hay the actuator only comes out about 1/2 way before retracting. If the door is up it wraps perfect (I stopped rolling before the bale reached it's intended size and manually wrapped it) Also this one has the crown pin in the front bracket instead of a bolt and it's very tight. The back where it connects to the arm is just a bolt and nut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts