The Combine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I'm having a similar piece of bad luck. Last Fall, bought combine (JD 6600), drove home, put in shed, pulled out of shed, Dad and I went over it pretty well, he like what he saw, drove back into shed for winter. This spring, clutch pedal goes to floor. Find fluid res. dry, so add brake fluid only to see it drip out the slave cylinder. Replaced the slave cylinder. Good clutch pedal feel now. But will not go into gear. Will not disengage the transmission from the engine. Shifts into gears fine when engine is off. I don't understand what happened. I'm guessing the tranny clutch went out, but seemed to do so pretty much out of the blue. Can I replace the clutch myself? Also, I don't understand why my brakes are rock solid. They don't push in at all? I can only guess these need taken apart at the drive wheels, cleaned and lubed, but again, is this something I can do myself? Thank you in advance. Dad used to have a 6600 just like this. I only have 40 acres, so I can't justify putting much into it, but would like to use and run it if possible. Dad would probably like to run it too since retiring from farming years ago.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.