105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for guys that know the dif
is there much dif in compacitiy or performance
would like to know bc might switch

·
Registered
590 Posts
The guys down on the red site sure did not want to take this one on, so lets see what we can do here.

The answer is: It depends. What are you cutting and what are the conditions. In clean dry normal crops, they will probably be close with the edge to the 1460. When conditions get gnarly, the 7700 will keep going.

You are going from an apple (walker or axial) to an orange (walker or axial). Basic rotor vs walker, which will work best for your conditions.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just saw your earlier post, you have two 7700s and cut beans and corrn. It still depends, on what works for your operation. In most of your conditions, it would appear the 1460 would have an edge. Check with your neighbors.

·
Registered
530 Posts
1460 wont eat weeds and lacks horsepower, i ran one next to my uncles 1460 and left it in the dust cutting 4 more feed in heavy wheat.

·
Registered
590 Posts
That is what i meant by conditions getting gnarly, weeds or moisture, will shut down the early underpowered rotors, and even many later models in the toughest conditions. If you really want to upgrade a few years and maintain productivity or increase it, my suggestion would be to stay with a good walker.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in our area alot of times
the beans will be ready but the stems will be green
so
ive heard that the rotery would not be able to handle the green
is that true?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Overall, the rotary will be the best choice and 98% of the time will outdo the waker. But like everybody else says it depends on the consitions

·
Registered
590 Posts
Green stem beans require power on the rotary and walker. Davedan is right, the 1460s are underpowered by today's standards and would not be a step up from the 7700 in those conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts