The Combine Forum banner

Jd 7722

17K views 39 replies 10 participants last post by  johndeere4230 
#1 ·
Would like to get some infos and pics about the 7722 combine.When offered Deere these machines,who made the hillside conversion,levelling capacity in % etc.
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Re: JD 7722

If memory serves me right they had a Rayco leveler,R A Hanson ,Spokane Wash.This is the spec's on a 6622 ,leveled out a 45% ,I might have a brochure on a 7722 in the attic will check this weekend. Get a hold of Arrow Epuipment or it might be machinery in Colfax Wash.They will know.

#5 ·

Could be then, Exalta. I had known about the 6622, but that 7722's leveling cap was at a full 48 percent, like the former 6602. Deere's own leveling systems were more flexible than RAHCO or Hillco.

I had talked about the 22's a long time ago, with a RAHCO CSR who is also a forum member.

#7 ·

Thank you for the link, Jaydee. I've only seen a small pic or two of the 7722 as posted by someone else here, over a year ago. That sure looks like a RAHCO leveler. Where's 98j and Brian when we need them.

Yes, the Model 7722 IS quite rare, having been made only some 18 months, too.

#11 ·

Combiness ,I e-mailed Arrow Machinery Inc. Colfax WA. Toll free # 800 473 3627 if you want to have a chin wag with them. Since I'am here the NHL has Don Cherry and on this forum we have Don B. Don's Combine Corner a new segment!!!! This old Peace River country hand had to give you a bit of a rub Don. All you header punchers have a great weekend!!

Tom

#12 ·

Quote:Would like to get some infos and pics about the 7722 combine.When offered Deere these machines,who made the hillside conversion,levelling capacity in % etc.
Thanks in advance.

Ask.....and ye shall receive.....

Not sure of the years offered....pretty sure they were factory systems ( RAHCO was deep into the 1470/1670 series at the time)

....and I will have to double check on the max level, but I think it
was the same as the 02's and 22's......45%

#13 ·

Looks like a RAHCO system because it basically is.....ie a so called
Hanson leveler......this system uses a main axle that is linked to
radius arms that keep the finals ( and thus the drivers) parallel.
My old 95-H at near max of 42%:

,,,,,02 went to 45%.... ( both the 95 & 02 were factory built)

....New Holland with a Hanson style leveler.....home built BTW.....

#14 ·

Only a slight difference on how the hydraulic cylinders were attached
to the main axle.....look closely at the picture of the 7722 and you
can see how they changed the position of the cylinders compared to
the more upright position on the 95 and 02/ 6622.....
On the 1470/1670 series the rams are way inboard......the parts
(labeled here on a shot of a 1470) are the same on a 95-H, 6602
6622 or a 7722:

#17 ·

Quote:

Are you sure? Better go back and look again at the old sales brochures. I clearly remember all the hoopla about 48 percent.

I know there's a difference between percent and angle, too, but I cannot remember the conversion. Just been too long since I was in high school.

#19 ·

98j im gunna ask you a stupid question(might sound like it for you) but how do these machines level themselves is it automatic or do you the operator have a lever or rocker button you use to do it yourself. if so when do you know its level? all guess work?
thanks
aussiefarmer

#20 ·

Quote:98j im gunna ask you a stupid question(might sound like it for you) but how do these machines level themselves is it automatic or do you the operator have a lever or rocker button you use to do it yourself. if so when do you know its level? all guess work?
thanks
aussiefarmer

Hello Aussiefarmer! Had any rain down your way??? Not a stupid
question at all....the leveling is automatic with a manual override.
On the 1670 that I have the privilege to run, the leveling is electric
over hydraulic, with two speeds. If the slope change is minor, the control unit opens the slower side valve; this keeps the leveling
smooth & even. If the slope change is greater, the high speed
valve is opened first, then as the leveler catches up, the high speed
side is closed and the slower speed finishes up. There are two switches for control.....one selects between auto or manual ....the
other switch tilts the machine left or right; it uses the high speed
valve. If you hit the switch to the right for example, regardless of
being in auto OR manual, the separator leans to the right. If you are
in manual, hit the switch to the right, the machine will go right until
you release the switch. If you are in auto, hit the switch to the right,
then release, then the machine is out of level and the auto control
starts it back. Manual is really an "off" position for the leveler. We
turn ours to manual (or off) when we get out on the road to transport ....keeps you from getting seasick when headed for the next field. You can use the manual override to "lead' the machine
when turning on a slope....for example, headed across a slope leveled out say about half way....to turn around and head back,
one technique is to start to turn (downhill) and get on the override
AHEAD of the auto control....that way, as the machine starts to come
out of the turn the leveler is ahead of the curve and is leaned into
the hill....release the override switch and let the auto control resume
control. One of our neighbors has a 1470 that came out of Washington that has the override switch moved from the control panel on the right to the hydro handle itself. That is a slick set up
because part of the deal on a turn like that is that you need a little
finesse on the hydro handle....start the turn downhill and the machine picks up speed, so you need to pull back a little to keep
the speed down to a point where the leveler can handle the change....if you try this too fast and come out of the turn with the
machine leaned the wrong way.....
well that's not good.
The override comes in handy when grabbing the platform off of the
transport cart.....missed the lineup by a whisker???....no problemo...
go to manual (off).....bump the leveler a little in the proper direction
and PRESTO
.....instant alignment.
Here is a demo shot....
manual position selected, then hit the direction switch to the left
until the separator is all the way over...

.....can't stay there too long ( don't want oiling problems in the motor).......select back to auto, and the machine comes back up
to level.

#21 ·

Quote:
Quote:

Are you sure? Better go back and look again at the old sales brochures. I clearly remember all the hoopla about 48 percent.

I know there's a difference between percent and angle, too, but I cannot remember the conversion. Just been too long since I was in high school.

Trust me....
( OK, don't trust me....the following LEVELING figures all come from an IH sales guide )

The 151/403/453 series....the side leveling limit is 32.5%.....
the side leveling is done with only ONE cylinder ....the linkage
is a parallel type ( NOT the radius arm style described above)....
the leveler control is an oil dampened pendulum that connects
directly to the hydraulic valves (ie it is NOT electric over hydraulic)
....cool combines that are real mountain goats.....not many left.
(photos courtesy of Redpainter)

#22 ·

Next up the MH2.....also a parallel linkage leveler ( and a very good one too).....the leveler limit is 41%

....a really slick ladder set up .....tied into the main axle....the bottom
step is always the same height off of the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.