The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how to get auto steer cheap on a JD 8200. I’m new to auto steer, and on a budget. Wanting to try something simple before spending a lot of money. The tractor doesn’t t have the auto trac valves.. so I understand I will have to go with the ATU (Steering Wheel Kit) so I was wondering if I could buy a used Starfire ITC receiver, used John Deere 1800 display, and hook it up to the ATU 300.. to have the basic SF1 guidance.. if you could please provide me with some advice.. because I’m completely new to this and I would greatly appreciate it.. thank you

·
Registered
504 Posts
Stay away from the iTC receiver. It won't work anymore for autotrac in 2 years. Try to find a Starfire 3000.

Everything else would be fine, the ATU and 1800 will work fine for guidance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Do you know if there would be any additional fees if I bought the 1800 display, and the ATU, with the receiver to activate it? I’m going to just have the basic SF1, and I plan on buying everything used besides the ATU which will be new from the local Deere dealer. I’ve found a couple 1800 displays around $800-$1,000 and the ITC’s around $500, or Starfire 3000’s around $4,000-$6,000. Does that sound reasonable?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts