The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently using a 8820 turbo to harvest a light crop. The reel only turns slow (dial in cab does nothing). Any ideas where to look or if there's a valve I can adjust to get it turning faster.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm probably way off, but I think my Dad's 7720 did that a few years ago. I think it was something like just the setscrew on the dial in the cab. The knob was turning, but the shaft wasn't. If I remember correctly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is a rubber piece hose clamped between the shaft of the dial and the shaft on the valve. I had trouble with mine slipping there and it caused the speed to not change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll take the cover off and have a look. I tried to leaver the knob off the whole shaft come out of the valve body. So it might be slipping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasn't slipping. Tryed turning the valve by hand with the cover off. Notice it's got a slight leak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems it's the hydraulic motor on the reel. I can turn the reel easily by hand when the engine is stoped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok it's not the dial or the hydraulic motor. Only thing left is the pump or the valve body. Anyone have any ideas ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts