The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new to me 9400 combine. What have you found to be the max ground speed you can go with a 643 in 180-200bu corn at 17-21% moisture on fairly level ground with the chaffer, sieve and fan set to the owners manual specs and still do a good job?

How fast should I be able to go with a 918 in 50-60bu beans at 13% moisture?

Any advise on straying from the owners manual recommendations on chaffer, sieve, fan, concave and cylinder speed settings or are they generally pretty close?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Start with the owner's manual recommendations and adjust accordingly to get the quality acceptable to you in the bin. Then drive as fast as you can until the loss out the back or quality in the bin is unacceptable to you, then set monitor. Just setting to manual's recommendations probably will not result in optimum speed or quality due to wear factors and crop condtions. You should able to move right along with those headers and yields, but actual speed is dependent on what is acceptable to you.

·
Registered
590 Posts
In those good yields, my definition of moving along would be 3.5 to 4 mph. We have had a 9400 or 9410 and cut beans since the mid 1990s, and in good yields could move in that range. Corn, we have not cut, but Ebert's number would probably be top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts