The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - brand new to the forum but I like what I see. This spring had a new-to-us JD 9400 that was pulling a Bourgault air drill. On occasion, the drill fan rpms would vary greatly (2000-5000 rpm) when target was 3800. We didn't attend to it as we were almost done and finished the seeding season. I have been told I need to do a calibration on hydraulic outlets on tractor. Is that correct or are there other factors to consider? Also, generally we use a freelance mechanic but is this a job that only a JD tech with proper testing equipment can do? How long of a job is it?

thanks for any help. One would think this time of year I would be asking combine questions but this question has been in the back of my mind for a while. Also, I noticed some members have location by their name but that option wasn't given to me when I registered. How does one do that?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
hope tom jumps in here, calibration i don't know, once your a member, will git a email, then go into profile and add, scott.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
You can do the calibration or also install new pilot oil spool valve or this

Air Seeder Fan Speed Erratic
Air seeder fan speed varies or drops off, attempts to adjust flow result in erratic response.
Unable to adjust SCV to get desired fan speed, one click produces too great of RPM increase.
SCV pilot oil spool valve sticks when SCV is used in continuous flow mode for long periods at high (8-14) GPM) flow rates.
SCV flow adjustment in range of 8-14 GPM not fine enough to accurately adjust air seeder fan speed.
For tractors requiring EPROM installation (firmware upgrade) order RE159625 FOR SCV's 1, 2, and 3. Order RE159626 for ALL SCV's (contains two EPROMS, R159627 for SCV's 1,2,3 and R159628 for SCV's 4, 5).
These EPROMS provide following changes:
Signal frequency to SCV solenoid has been changed from 95Hz to 65Hz when SCV is set for continuous flow. This prevents drifting or erratic SCV flow.
SCV flow control is recalibrated to provide finer flow control at high flow settings needed for air seeder fan. With this change, fan speed variations should be less than 200 RPM.
Tractors built after the following serial numbers have updated EPROM'S installed in both controllers:
9100 (10366- )
9200 (10850- )
9300 (10929 )
9400 (10932- )

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help! I wasn't expecting an answer from a JD tech - that is much appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can do the calibration or also install new pilot oil spool valve or this

Air Seeder Fan Speed Erratic
Air seeder fan speed varies or drops off, attempts to adjust flow result in erratic response.
Unable to adjust SCV to get desired fan speed, one click produces too great of RPM increase.
SCV pilot oil spool valve sticks when SCV is used in continuous flow mode for long periods at high (8-14) GPM) flow rates.
SCV flow adjustment in range of 8-14 GPM not fine enough to accurately adjust air seeder fan speed.
For tractors requiring EPROM installation (firmware upgrade) order RE159625 FOR SCV's 1, 2, and 3. Order RE159626 for ALL SCV's (contains two EPROMS, R159627 for SCV's 1,2,3 and R159628 for SCV's 4, 5).
These EPROMS provide following changes:
Signal frequency to SCV solenoid has been changed from 95Hz to 65Hz when SCV is set for continuous flow. This prevents drifting or erratic SCV flow.
SCV flow control is recalibrated to provide finer flow control at high flow settings needed for air seeder fan. With this change, fan speed variations should be less than 200 RPM.
Tractors built after the following serial numbers have updated EPROM'S installed in both controllers:
9100 (10366- )
9200 (10850- )
9300 (10929 )
9400 (10932- )
Does anyone know if u can upgrade to a high flow hydrolic pump on a 9400 jd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts