The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many bushels per hour my 9510 SH should be able to do in 200-220 bu corn, 22% moisture with a 6 row 30 inch head. The concave, and rasp bars are john deere, and in good condition. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you should be able to go 5 mp,I combined 50 ac 2 days ago of 20+ and it ran 180,
I turned out 9000bu in 6 hr's with my 9510 and I didn't reall push it

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yesterday in the 9510 sidehill in prolly 180 bushel corn I was at 1500 bushel/hr pace. I usually only hit 4.5 mph with the 6 row...maybe could do 5 but we can't haul away fast enough with 1 1,000 bushel and 1 550 bushel semi the way it is so no need for us. I was able to load the 550 bushel graincart in exactly 20 minutes which puts it at 1500 bu/hr. This is our only field with no terraces and nice long rows so I was able to unload on the go. Since you have a sidehill I'm guessing unloading on the go is also rare for you so that is a major factor to consider and if you have a lot of point rows that slows you down incredibly fast.

Note:edited it to say 20 minutes which is what I meant. Also, the cart was filled to 500 bushel give or take a few...not to 550

·
Registered
25 Posts
ran a 9510sh for 7 seasons, in southeast mn could only run 4.2 mph if you didnt want walker loss. I had to play around with the concave inserts and cut part of them away to let more corn out. if the corn was not leafy at all then 4.5 mph. mine was chipped and helped alot in the hills. I had to put in new rasp bars every other year or it would leave beans in wheel tracks behind the machine and would thrash the corn late on the cancave and i would get more walker loss. the rasp bars would not look worn out but if you wanted the capacity then you needed to replace them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it sounds like I am getting about the same capacity. I was going about 3.8 mph and the monitor was between 1600 and 1900 bu/hr. So the actuall corn to the truck was about 1500bu/hr. Also I have to slow way down, below 2mph going up hill so corn doesnt come out the back. Is there a way around this, or is it just the way it is. Thanks again

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 9500 sidehill and using only two 500 bu wagons with my wife hauling to a close bin, we can keep 1000b/hr up all day.

If you are losing too much corn over the walkers, try taking out all the cast inserts in the back two rows of the concave.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I edited my post to be correct. Thanks for pointing out my typo.
Best of luck to everyone on finishing up harvest.

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you are lossing corn out the back going up hill the top chaffer is to far closed or I always had to slow the fan down in hilly cond to prevent this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts