The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Mark and i am new here.
I have a problem with my 9520. First i have CODE CCU 65( Axle lube pressure low ). i have removed the pressure switch sensor and i wrapped my oil pressure gauge in the hole. but i measured to high pressures. by idling 3 bar(45psi), but by 2000 rpm 15 bar(240psi) and fluctulate.The filter and oil is clean. Have you any idea what could be wrong? Sorry my english is not good... :D Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Mark my 9520 had the same problem the sensor reads to little and too high of psi the middle range creates no alarm . the psi is ment to be quite varible do to the gear pump used and engine rpm u choose.Your bottom pressure seems fine and your high-pressure seems fine chances are it is just your sensor. There will be air in your oil because in your front and rear differential the tubes in the pump pick up a small amount of air to control the level

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for your quick response! I cool down..I thought something was wrong. I change the sensor tomorrow.But does not happen cavitation occurs when air is drawn into the pump? I want to change up the bearings in the front axle next year. The JD mechanican told me this is the weak point from the 9000 series.it is a little oil around the seal on one side.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Thank you very much for your quick response! I cool down..I thought something was wrong. I change the sensor tomorrow.But does not happen cavitation occurs when air is drawn into the pump? I want to change up the bearings in the front axle next year. The JD mechanican told me this is the weak point from the 9000 series.it is a little oil around the seal on one side.
If they pull your axles and if they take out brake pistons make sure when they put it back together that the brake piston packings don't roll over as they are a rectangle packing and the brakes run under a charge pressure and it will pump all your hyd oil into your trans. This happened to me on a 9330 and it took them 3 tries before they found out what was wrong. they can check pistons with air to make sure they are sealing.

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
That does appear like denting from contamination. I would try to find the failure, that may only be a result. If you know history it may have already had the failure repaired. On the brake packing, the seals most likely are directional. Look very closely and follow instructions very closely when you reassemble.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I was looking closely at those photos and was thinking the same thing as Ianwickum in as far as what type of damage that bearing race sustained, not that I'd have a clue where the contamination came from. Also I noted the lines across the bearing along with that stained area and wonder if that might have been a moisture issue at one point in its life causing that when it sat static for a time although it doesn't appear as if it ate into the metal to cause a mechanical issue. The rest of the bearing ( the rollers and inner race ) would have to be examined and all other components to see if anything odd wear wise shows up.

I had some bearings that looked somewhat similar to that in a transmission of a pickup once and the cause was another bearing that was failing due to a design flaw with lack of lubrication and the bits of metal flaking off of that bearing floated through all the other bearings and damaging them.

Here is a link to a Timken PDF which shows some photos and explains some of the possible reasons for the types of damage and page 8 is the one that has a photo that looks much the same as the damage you have on your race.

http://www.timken.com/en-us/Knowled...s/Bearing-Damage-Analysis-Reference-Guide.pdf

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Brunelling I believe is the correct word for the pitting seen in your bearing, it was very close to failing, it is caused by heavy load at low speed generally. Believe it or not with a heavy load and low speed the metal actually rolls like a wave ahead of the bearing rollers "very small amount, but it does" and causes the metal to weaken and break off in little pieces and then continuously ran over. The bearing failed because of flawed engineering. But that being said you still need to treat it like something else caused it because chances are is it is trying to cause more problems, I would venture to say you caught it at a nice time, but be a detective and do a good clean job so it lasts as long as it did the first time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.