The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP the JD tech has spent 24 working hrs on my combine trying to fix the problem. The machine would not start with the key but I could jump the starter an it would run. None of the controls would work on my console but the radio would play and the AC blower would work. The tech cleaned all the ground wires, installed two new batteries, and today put in a new circuit board in my console. Everything went back to work except now my engine want idle up. PLEASE any suggestion and today there was 2 techs so I might have 32 hrs into this problem. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have the tech check the circuit boards in the compartment just outside the cab door. They are inside the dropdown door. Not cheap to replace...about a grand each. Two of ours went bad last year. Almost all functions died. Wound up borrowing two from a neighbor who was finished shelling corn already. Put the new ones in our machine and gave him his back.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also look closely at wiring harnesses under the cab accessible from on top of the right side drive tire. Our separator would not engage a couple weeks ago. Tech replaced switch on armrest and the $900 circuit board in the armrest. Still did not work. Had 12v at switch and into board but only 6v coming out of board and at electric clutch back at the engine. Seemed logical the board was bad. We finally found two wires that were just barely rubbed through the covering. Cut and spliced the wires back together that had rubbed on the cab mounts and all was well again. Over $3K spent on repairs and three trips by the tech to the field all because of a couple wires shorting out. Circuit board box says once the seal is broken it cannot be returned. Sweet!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.