The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We dont know what to do we can buy them for the same price we will be running a 30 ft platform and an 8 row corn head.
Not trying to start a color war!

Thanks in advance,
Eric

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Go with which ever dealer is better. The 5088 is a great machine and could handle a 36 ft draper easy so it can handle what ur wanting to do. I'm sure the other can as well. I guess the big difference in the two is design and the case doesn't have that beater deal before the rotor... Besides that I can't see any advantages. Get the in cab sieve adjustment!!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Farmerjones the case may be an old-school design but when you put it next to a STS it looks like the green and red engineers went to the same school house. The new 88 series look like every one of my grips has been fixed... just my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personally, im a john deere guy at heart. But case would be my second choice if it came down to it. The thing is that i don't know much about the 5088 but i do know that the 9570 isn't exactly made for large amounts of corn harvest, its a small grain combine most of the time. If your running a smaller aperation though i don't think it would matter but i would look into that case to see how it is suppose to handle corn.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea the 5088 is a lot more of a corn combine that is why we bought it we are mostly corn.

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts