The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at buying an older John Deere 9600 or CTS combine. We would be trading our TR75 in on it. I was wondering which combine is better, the 9600 or CTS.
We plan to do some custom combining. In our area it is mostly oats, barley, wheat, and canola grown. What are any of your experiences with these machines, good or bad, I need to know what they run like in certain crops and conditions and what would be best.
We were also looking at a Case 1680. But I like green better.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The CTS does it do a better job of cleaning the grain because I have heard the 9600's leave alot of chaff in the grain especially canola.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I agree the CTS would suit you better then the walker with what you are harvesting. All the guys I have talked to Love the CTS, but I know that they are not going to make the CTS anymore because not alot buy it, but they are great mahines. Go with the CTS.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have a cts11 but if there was no barley I would get the 9600 for it's drum size and reliabilty. cts is a bit of a dog on canola. Could spend some coin an put in a pf parts cylinder and beater to improve canola capacity. having said that the pf cylinder in a 9600 might cure its desire to walk barley over the back and make it a great machine in canola. cheapest harvesting you will ever have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I run 2 cts and one 9600 on our farm. The 9600 will keep going in tougher conditions and will outdo the cts in wheat and oats. We chipped the cts to even things out a bit. The cts will make a nicer sample and throws over less especially in barley. I like both machines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts