The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ran my 9080 last year with a 9870 in canola with 9870 doing 4 swaths and 9080 doing 6 swaths in the same time. 9080 was doing a much cleaner sample. I was around 65-70 % load on engine with lots of reserve and canola crop was yielding 38 bu/acre on that field.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Even if you put a 9870 up against a 9070, which is a fair comparison, same class. The CR has a larger cleaning shoe, bigger hopper, giving the capacity to the NH. I have seen it, JD is putting more HP to the same shoe, go to JD website, look at specs, it is there in black and white. JD sells a small cleaning shoe. 8yrs in the rotor industry compared to 35yrs? Hmmmmmm.......

Respect your elders!

(im sure I will be told that i am wrong and JD is better and on and on but us NH guys should get a chance to be proud of our product!!!!!)

PS: I bleed yellow and blue

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Neighbors running 9070's, helped neighbor with 9860 and they were doing circles around the JD. The neighbor with the JD was not impressed, as he bleeds green and I mean everything is green right down to the lawnmower. This was 2 falls ago when time was getting short before winter. Didn't surprise me very much, the big CR's have tremendous capacity, wish I had one

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i figured that the NH might have more capacity with the larger cleaning shoe and stuff. currently we have a 9070 and a JD 9860 premium, and the 9070 does have more capacity. the only prob is that we aren't sure how the New Hollands hold up, we have only had the CR for one year so far. Have you guys had any durability problems with the New Holland's? or are they built just as good as the John Deere's? thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

I always get a kick out of the comment "are they built as good as a JD"

Does JD have a top secret metal material they use that no one else has? Does green paint keep the plastic sheilds or panels together?(NH are metal panels). I am not sure how JD has gotten this reputation for quality? Between engine failures, electrical problems, trans problems, over all quality control JD is no better then anyone else. All manufacturers have issues, no one is perfect.

(Just had some of that yellow blood come thru
)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha well in our history we have had better luck with jd, we had a 9600 and a TX 66, the 9600 did about 3/4 of our harvest even though it didn't have as much capacity, just because it kept running! and even last year with our 9070 and 9860, we had a few more issues with the 9070, but it might have just been getting the kinks out of it the first year, fingers crossed! haha

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I think in all my yellow and blue pride I may have gotten off topic.

CR9080: Class 9/ 10,075 sq in cleaning/ 350bu hopper/ 3.2 bu unload rate/ Self leveling cleaning shoe (standard equip)/ 525hp

JD9870 sts: Class 8/ 8100 sq in cleaning/ 315bu hopper/ 3.3 bu unload/ Self level sieve optional (you lose cleaning area if equipped as per JD web site)/ 470hp

I think thats a fair comparision

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
How come every NH combine I have ever seen has the wiring harness unplugged going to the self leveling shoe? If it is such a great thing why can't NH make it work all the time?

To be honest I realize the limitations of the current Deeres but they do for the most part keep running. And I would put to you "bigger is better shoe lovers' that efficiency of the shoe can compensate for size a bit.

Personally I feel the 9670 is a much better value then the 9870. Same physical combine but a lot less money. Plus you don't feel bad when some alleged class 8,9,10 blows the doors off you...

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Been running sls in our TX's since 96 when we bought our first one and now in our CX's, never had shoe problems yet. I think we pushed his little green button
It's ok! you JD boys have something to be jelous about

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
We had plenty of problems with ours. I couldn't count how many sieve adjustment actuators we changed on my hands and feet put together. A few times the shoe would go out of balance but it wasn't as commen on the Cr's and Cx's as it was on the tx's. But I wouldn't say they are built any worse than a deere. With any color you get good machines and bad. What really pissed me off about the actuators (and a few other reoccuring problems) is that after seven years of complaining to NH about how bad they were they never changed a d**n. thing to make improvements. That's why we changed away from NH. Their own advertisement even said in big bold letters across the top "NO CHANGES REQUIRED". Hmm that's something I thought only Deere fanatics would think and I don't know if even they are that arrogant. I don't mean to bash NH to hard they are good machines, well built and well designed for the most part. It was just a few things that got to me over the years. Hopefully they have solved them now.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Thks mbfarmer. I was starting to feel like the boy who cried wolf...

Like I was trying to say. the 9870 is not a class 8 machine. just a class 6-7 on roids. Don't even try to compare it to a big cr. It is not the same size.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.