The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
What's the deal with the ICC (jeez do they REALLY need another acronym). How much more real capacity is there in corn and wheat?
Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It is for the Harvest Smart Feedrate control if im correct. Speeds up and slows down the combine ground speed depending on how much material is going through it.

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
Quote:It is for the Harvest Smart Feedrate control if im correct. Speeds up and slows down the combine ground speed depending on how much material is going through it.

Thanks mocutter. I thought It meant Increased loss. I hope harvest smart works better in Europe.

Don

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:Is that as fast as that thing can go? looks like the drivers trying to thresh with the reel rather than the rotor.

Kinda what I was thinking!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Quote:
Quote:Is that as fast as that thing can go? looks like the drivers trying to thresh with the reel rather than the rotor.

Keep in mind that this wheat is properbly yielding 180-200 bushels/acre

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:
Quote:

Keep in mind that this wheat is properbly yielding 180-200 bushels/acre

I still don't get the point on beating it with the reel like they were. The reel should be traveling the same speed maybe just a little faster than the combine.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Is the crop wheat, or tritacale? The tritacale that I harvested one time was much harder to thresh than wheat. Maybe he was "pre-threshing" it with the reel?

I guess pics can be very deceiving; the crop does not look like 200 bpa. The stubble, after the crop has been cut does not look like 200 bu stubble, either. Like I say, hard to tell from the pic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jeeez man. Slow the reel down or increase the forward speed. Theres 2 things happening there. The reel is shattering grain from being to low and fast and b, the feed cannot be even into the machine thus, lowering treshing capacity. If you cannot feed it without the rel that fast, bring your auger forward a tad.
I've cut heavy crops on Europe and that looked like a well ripened 3-4 ton crop what had some rain on it. That stuff should come off real fast.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
The I is for Intelligent, Innovative and Integrated, it is AutoTrac Assisted Steering, HarvestSmart Automatic Feedrate Control and HarvestDoc Automatic Field Documentation

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
wow, tha has to be some of the worst straw spreading i have ever seen, can you imagine direct seeding into that, major hairpining and pluging...

i new the 50 and 60 series were having major problems with spreading, but i was told it was corrected!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Quote:wow, tha has to be some of the worst straw spreading i have ever seen, can you imagine direct seeding into that, major hairpining and pluging...

i new the 50 and 60 series were having major problems with spreading, but i was told it was corrected!!

I would assume that it was being windrowed for baling into straw. There is nothing coming from the chopper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts