The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to put integrated autotrac on my 8310 with a JD 2630 with sf2. I will also be running this setup on my 9670 fro yield data. I had a guy that runs alot of JD autotrac systems but said he used ag leader software instead of apex. He said that the ag leader software was easier to comprehend. Any thoughts or suggestions?? I will be using the software mostly for planting and keeping up with different hybrids as well as yield data.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Apex is very reasonably priced. it has its problems but most updates are free, I have had it for about 8 years and a couple years ago had to pay $100.00 for new update disc. If you enter your data correct at planting, the combine will record the data per variety and you can print the data out later and see how the varieties compare in a field. I also cheat a little and use variety names followed by population (all under variety) that way you can do population tests also. apex is a good starter program. I have never used ag leader, but have heard good things, but if you are running deere anyway, and price maters, apex works very well for the money. When you unload the data from the card or usb, throw the card into a box and someday when you think it is worth switching to agleader, you can load the card data into the other software. I hear it doesn't come out of apex well, so you need to keep the original data. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts