The Combine Forum banner

JD Combine Poll

5K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  tractor8100 
TxFarmer:

$4500 repair bill after 2100 sep. hours is very inexpensive. I have put over $20,000 in parts in a 9600 that has done a lot of corn. Soybeans are even worse. With only wheat and milo your combine will last a long time.
If you go to a 9660 walker you will hate the fuel bill. It uses probably 20% more over your 9600 and doesn't cut any more acres in an hour. The more electronics you have, the more gremlins you have, too.
I personally like the 2001 9650 walker best. It is the last year with the fuel efficient engine. The big difference to the 9600 is the big clean grain elevator, that comes real handy in corn.

If I was in your situation I would maybe look at a 9610 but nothing newer, because it's not worth it. With a 9610 you get most of the bugs worked out without buying new once and the price is not so high. You also get the newer "beep, beep" alarm and a load of other little improvements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.