The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have a decent boom size at 36 metres. But have JD released the most useless spec machine for most conditions. The tank is to small and i stand corrected but do these machines replace the 4730 and 4830 but have the same clearance as the 4940 which is lower than the old models? Is corn growing lower now?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ausmac, don't worry, that also added about 3000 pounds to the dry weight and they switched to the 49XX style suspension which makes the drive package so wide you wouldn't want to drive through tall corn anyway. But it's still green so it will sell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't make sense of the change either. Seems the optional direct injection is the major change, but why use a 280 hp machine to carry around a 3000L solution tank? They added 3300kg to a 4730 with a 30m boom, it was already too heavy.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
But...it is green and the green guys will say it is the best, and it never breaks. So they will sell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The R4038 has 60 inch, the R4030 has 50. R4038=4830 same clearance...R4030==4730 less clearance....but both have had a good feed and put on enough weight that it can't be overlooked. Both now have a larger boom option, should have thrown that in.

·
Registered
961 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
doesn't matter anyway, you can't get one for a year even if you wanted one. My deere dealer called the area rep and asked if they were gong to make more than 5

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'll get to run one in about a month, it'll be here around the first of march... I'll be curious to see how it runs out.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The tank size is the thing I don't get. These machines should spray at fast speeds so with only a 3000 litre tank that's only 60ha a fill at 50litres /ha and useless area at higher rates. If they came out with a 5000l option then you would a better machine than a 4940. How much cheaper are they than a 4940?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The tank size is the thing I don't get. These machines should spray at fast speeds so with only a 3000 litre tank that's only 60ha a fill at 50litres /ha and useless area at higher rates. If they came out with a 5000l option then you would a better machine than a 4940. How much cheaper are they than a 4940?
I guess I am confused by your question a little... :confused: They are direct replacements to the 47 and 4830 except now there is a 120 ft boom option. If you want a bigger tank and a 120 ft boom then you need to look at the biggest model??

These are not replacements for the 4940.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I should have an R4030 here in april as well. It was ordered back in November so hopefully it gets here before mid summer. I chose the 90 ft booms bc the price for the 120s was a $20000 option. Plus I figured even though deere moved the weight forward some i better not go with the wider heavier booms to add more weight to the rear. Prob would still be fine but personally im tired of fighting w the 4730 and didn't wont to take any chances on another machine being a handful to keep off the crop for the next year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with ausmac. They now have the same engine as the 4940 (althought 30 hp less), 36m option like a 4940, more clearance than a 4940. A 3800 L tank seems small. I understand they are beefing up the 4830, and offering better balance, but why the smaller tank?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts