The Combine Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
I don’t think weight is an issue. We have 2 and pull large drills in big hills with very little trouble.
When we were at factory, we were told the Deere engine had issues with emissions and the Cummins had allready climbed that hurdle.

Are you sure about the head gasket issue. I've heard that spouted before and am wondering what evidence there is of this.
I was told that the 13.5 litre Deere wouldn't meet emissions at shift points.

What I've gleaned is these tractors are obviously too light and unbalanced causing too much slip. Not to mention loud and hard on fuel. With Case quads actually pulling a lot better but new ones not without issue.

Versy being the heaviest and maybe the best choice of the quads.

Well I all can speak is from my experience. Most 13.5s have had head gaskets done around here. They seem to be trying to get too much HP for too little displacement? Idk maybe not, don't care. As far as slip goes it's just BS red/green chest thumping. We run both on 40% hills and they are roughly the same. Red is a little better on fuel, green uses less DEF. The best red quad was arguably the 535 (with a pre emission QSX 15 ironically). Versatile has so presence here basically so nothing to compare to there. It could be awesome, but no parts or service makes it a non issue. All in all they all pull, I have no brand loyalty (as we run multiple colors). Lot's of folks tend to get too emotional about equipment. Life is too short for that.

Reactions: bjtjjl
Are you sure about the head gasket issue. I've heard that spouted before and am wondering what evidence there is of this.
I was told that the 13.5 litre Deere wouldn't meet emissions at shift points.

What I've gleaned is these tractors are obviously too light and unbalanced causing too much slip. Not to mention loud and hard on fuel. With Case quads actually pulling a lot better but new ones not without issue.

Versy being the heaviest and maybe the best choice of the quads.
I could show you my work order. And 5 others last year.

I don’t think weight is an issue. We have 2 and pull large drills in big hills with very little trouble.
What would your slip be pulling those drills on level ground. On flat ground here slip seems to be as high as the wheeled.

Well I all can speak is from my experience. Most 13.5s have had head gaskets done around here. They seem to be trying to get too much HP for too little displacement? Idk maybe not, don't care. As far as slip goes it's just BS red/green chest thumping. We run both on 40% hills and they are roughly the same. Red is a little better on fuel, green uses less DEF. The best red quad was arguably the 535 (with a pre emission QSX 15 ironically). Versatile has so presence here basically so nothing to compare to there. It could be awesome, but no parts or service makes it a non issue. All in all they all pull, I have no brand loyalty (as we run multiple colors). Lot's of folks tend to get too emotional about equipment. Life is too short for that.
Sorry if it sounded like I didn't believe you. I just want to hear guys real world experience. I haven't read on here of guys actually doing head gaskets until now. Apparently it's a problem. Maybe I've been under a rock. I'm not emotionally invested in this.
My point was that the head gasket issues are not necessarily related to hp but just an issue.
I could show you my work order. And 5 others last year.
I wasn't aware of head gasket issue with these motors. If a guy says he has had issue on here I believe it. My point was that the engine wouldn't meet emissions therefore Deere couldn't use it therefore used the Cummins.
Are the head gasket issues more common on the final tier 4 engines?

is the extra maintainence worth it, tried tracked units both deere and case. I liked the case better just because its quieter and smoother.Neighbors are spending thousands after 4000-5000 hours
what about the new LS rubber

Discussion starter · #35 ·
With the current state of things does anyone care to guess on this springs RB regina or Stoon sales what the RXs will bring? Also has anyone looked at these in person on their lot? Im thinking with exchange rate now that 400k canadian would be a pretty good deal in us dollars for a 1300hr machine

With the current state of things does anyone care to guess on this springs RB regina or Stoon sales what the RXs will bring? Also has anyone looked at these in person on their lot? Im thinking with exchange rate now that 400k canadian would be a pretty good deal in us dollars for a 1300hr machine
I heard due to the virus farm equipment can’t go south. You better just stay away! ?
Seriously though, you would have to think there will be deals. 2 of those farms aren’t far from me.

Was there yesterday. Sorry didn't do an overall inspection of them. Quick walk around the 9520RX, looks quite good, surprised how well the tracks looked for hours. I did not inspect the inner idlers. I know the family, used for seeding and grain cart, they are downsizing. Son thought they all looked good. The one from Wolfe's is like new came off of flat stone free land and has the wide stance.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.