The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
I think that is the old link Don, in which they have had the half width (manual disconnect for a long time. The new links on the site don't seem to work.
Oh, ok, thanks.
I was hoping for more of course.:)

Three years since those splashes in Regina.:eek:
Glaciers move faster!;)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I asked my JD salesman a few weeks ago if these options would be available on 15 carts. He was fairly positive that they would not be, but was hoping to be wrong.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wish they would build a 700-800 bushel cart with a saddle tank, the new 550 is a joke ,it doesn't give us anymore capacity in half the crops we grow.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Talked to my salesman again today. 2015s will have these new features, remote hydraulic auger/conveyor standard with what looks like a conveyor extension on the bottom of the auger as well with a 14% increase in retail cost. Sectional control will be an option $24000 is what he said.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
When is a bigger tank coming, Deere is the smallest in the industry!
They desperately need a 600+ bu. TBT cart....that's if Deere plans on having any market share with their seeding equipment. With other companies offering large 600+ TBT carts, a 430 bu cart doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I really need a smaller, 30 - 40 bu tank that is easy to reach into for leveling. It would be really easy to do but they don't seem to want too.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I bought a 2014 430 TBT. Looks as if there will be some retrofit capabilities, as there is wiring labelled swath control front, midde and rear on it already. This cart has the hyd drive as well.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
http://www.thecombineforum.com/foru...1-post-picture-your-seeding-rigs-img_1463.jpg
If JD keeps it up Valmar could stand to make a lot of money. Valmar works good except for the ease of access, with which some creativity could be changed.

I can't seem to find any published weights of the JD 550, but a 430 empty is less than 10000 pounds. Obviously not a direct comparison but a 950 Bourgault is about 36000lbs empty. Yes the JD tanks are small but I don't particularly want to drag 100000lbs around the field either. Lots of opinions can be hashed over but in my opinion engineering efforts to change design for filling and handling of the commodities we're putting in the ground could be adjusted.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Did you have a mechanical drive previously? If so, how is the hyd drive in comparison?
Yes, ran a 1900 for years, actually still have it. I can't really say one is way better than the other, they both perform really well. The biggest thing to get used to is not seeing the handle turning while you are seeding. Lol. The hyd drive seemed to deliver a more constant rate, and would adjust very quickly when speeds change. The hyd drive seems simpler, as the powered calibration uses the same drives. Overall very happy with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts