The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done this 2 year service tech program , i looked at the program at arkansas state university bebbe, was just wondering around how much it cost and how easy a job was to be found afterwards

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have done it. I took the class in Garden City Kansas from 01-03. I very very very highly recommend it. You get an associates degree plus work experience. You will have to find a dealer sponsor. My sponsor payed for 100 percent of my school and tuition in return i worked for them for 3 years. I have since worked at 3 differnent dealerships and i can say i could go anywhere in the world and be hired on the spot. You will recieve your advanced certified award after you complete the program. You will need to buy a set of tools that the program has set up, last i heard they are pretty strict on what you have so your grandpas handme downs wont work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i also took the 2 year classes in garden city kansas and it is the best thing i ever did teaches you alot, between the internships and class time its worth it i started with one dealership and finished with another they payed for all the cost of the school other than the tools i had to pay for them myself i now work in northeast arkansas and have had several friends and colleges go therought the school at bebe and they are doing well at the dealerships. its not to hard to find a dealer that will help you and hire you once you go through that prgram

·
Registered
1 Posts
i graduated from asu beebe class of 04. it was one of the best thing i ever done. like 5stateag said, you have to have a dealer sponsor to go. when i went you didnt have to have any tools, and depending on your sponsor, they would pay any where from all to none of your tuition. ill be the first to tell you, beebe is a sh**hole town. but there is plenty of backroads, hills and bottoms both. ill leave it at that, lol. im from ne arkansas. but there were guys in my class from all over arkansas and one from pennslyvania and one from northwest missiouri. just remember, you still have to do math and english and all that stuff if you go., its not all tractors.

·
Registered
653 Posts
its not a week class. u can take 2-3 day classes on certain things. Like for instance if you have a 7830 with ivt tranny you can take the ivt class not nessicarly everything on tech side of it but the overal operations of the 7830. I took this type of class on the new 60 series combine and as a tech that was the only class i ever needed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts