The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run John Deere steering in a Rogator? Just looking for an option to match the steering on the rest of the farm. I know we can use a StarFire 3000 receiver with the Raven system, but worried that JD sees curvature and Raven doesn't so we may have a drama on long runs with the machine wandering. Any options to make it work with a complete JD system in the machine?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Steering Rogators with John Deere

I have previously asked the same question and haven't had any responses saying it is possible. We also want to keep everything the same.

We have a Rogator 1274 and wish to update from a Beeline Navigator. Our Navigators are all getting old, and the bases tired.

Trimble apparently can do it, and well.

I did hear recently that Raven can do it as you have stated, but that has not been confirmed.

Reichardt (sp), apparently make valves also.

Our local John Deere dealer don't want to touch it as they cannot guarantee performance - which is surprisingly odd, (and good) for a dealer to not want the sale.

We spray up to 30 km/hr. Our Rogator is on 380 R 46's.

Maybe we have to sacrifice having everything the same and go Trimble?

The amount of down time we have had with our 7 R and 8 R tractors lately is ridiculous. The dealer has been fine, John Deere are making their tractors with **** products. i.e. Hydraulic hoses, hydraulic fittings and sub standard fan shafts on the 7's. Unfortunately the less expensive, lesser quality components used don't reduce the list price. END Rant.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I had the old original brown box with a Starfire iTc, and an ATU 200 in my 854, when I traded to my 1074 it had the Raven Smartraxx in it plumbed in already. My old system was waaay better in terms of repeatability and performance. I have a hard time staying on the same tracks when I am required to do a second pass and want to use them again. It performs well enough for once over, but still wanders too much for my liking, and changing line settings doesn't seem to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.