The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how everybody else is making out with their 670`s. Bought one halfway through harvest and it really impressed us.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: JD T670

Not many around here, but the ones who have are also very impressed. Think they will be a huge hit with the cattle/grain guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts

bought one this fall never used it yet. talked to some guys at the crop production show that demo them, said capacity of a 9760, little better at night, but the grain sample was way cleaner with the t670.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

We found in heavy damp wheat straw with the crop running about 50 bpa, that we could go about 5 to 5.5mph, without acceptable losses. Worked out to roughly 22 acres an hour on average. THat was with a 936 draper. It was burning 17 gallons an hour of fuel. In canola and flax though it was burning about 11 galllons an hour. The only thing I think the machine needs is a sunnybrook cylinder.

·
Registered
790 Posts

Duchek, how was capacity and sample in canola? How was grain damage? My 9600 cracks wheat. You mean the main cylinder? How about the other cylinders/separators? What did you run before or against it this year?

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yes, I mean the main cylinder should be a sunny brook. We had a 9610 before with all the sunnybrook stuff in it. The samples were way cleaner in everything. It also got rid of all the white caps in the wheat. Never had a problem with any of the other componets. There was just dust coming out of the chopper also. Dropped barley straw for one guy and he baled it easily.
We combined with a couple of the neighbors who have a 9860 and a 9870. In dry conditions in canola they have a bit of an edge over me. Once it is getting tough I have the edge over them. In wheat though they are pretty close in dry conditions, and once it is tough we are about the same. The only thing holding me back is the main cylinder. It is excatly the same as a 9610 and it will start making a lot of noise once you are pushing it through at night but it just keeps taking it. That is why I wish it had a sunnybrook.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Is it much harder to set the t670 over your 9610, i had a 9660 walker not a wts before. Pretty much the same as your 9610 with a newer cab controls i think.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It has the touch set controls, so your sieves, concave, fan speed and everything else is done right in the cab. Then for the extra beater and tine cylinder there is just a lever on the outside to put the grates either up or down. oh and there is a belt you flip for the speed of them. The only time that you change the grate position or speed is when you go to canola. One nice thing to is that your concave filler strips go in and out by turning a lever.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Has anyone run the machine in corn or soybeans?? just wondering how the machine performed in row crops.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hey,
Just wondering if theres anyone here in Australia with one of these T670's I'dlove to take a look at one just cant find any around here in northern NSW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts