The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an inspection checklist for a 4830?

We bought the sprayer (first JD - we've been RoGator for the last 20 years) in 2013. Last fall, sent it to the dealer for inspection. Planning to send it every second year and do our own in between.

Going to check with the dealer in the morning, but thought I'd ask here too.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Might want to have them pull the covers on the rear planetaries and check them out. The drive shaft is a weak point due to balance weights being welded to the cast yoke. The welding on cast causes a weak spot and the yoke can fail. Other than that, check all hydraulic hoses that you can particularly where they go through the tie down hoops. The hoops tend to wear through the hoses.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
One more thing, I don't know how many acres are on your machine but there are three 1/8" plugs at 3-6-and 9 o'clock on the solution pump and in my experience, at 130-140,000 acres they tend to wash out (usually the one at 6 o'clock first). If this happens, you can either replace the housing or, as I do, drill and tap them out to 1/4". You can check them by simply taking the 6 o'clock one out and see how many threads are left holding it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.