The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are changing the rub bars and concave in our 9610. We noticed that the old bars were crooked and started to look for anything that would make them look that way. Shafts, bearings, Spiders, etc, but nothing was broken or out of place. We installed the new concave and rub bars (at an angle) and everything fit very well. Now one mechanic told us that this was normal for the 9610 and another said the bars should be straight.....we are confused. Should they be straight? OR is this a concave/rub bar upgrade? Running empty, everything is smooth with nothing being wrong. Are we missing something? HELP!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Nope totally no good not going to run like that.
Key or spider hub is sheared.
Bars should be straight across.
Thought there was a improvement that could be done to add a 3rd keyed spider.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
LOok carefully at the hub centers on the main shaft. As noted, either the key is sheared, or the hub weld is broken, allowing the hub to rotate in the spider plate.

You are going to likely have to completely remove the cylinder (unless you get real lucky and its just a key). Pull the feeder off, only way to go when doing that.

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Did they get mounted one cog off from one side to the other? If nothing is broken or missing that would be my best guess. May have to remove them all and mount them again if that would straighten things out. Make certain nothing is twisted, broken, missing.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Definitely not right.

I’ve got a complete cylinder laying here that needs bars but otherwise is good if you need parts quick and cheap, about 2hrs from you. Right about 1500hrs on it, I replaced the entire cylinder with a high inertia from Sunnybrook.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,717 Posts
Looks like a Monday morning job after a HUGE weekend...........

Not right but very very curious how it will perform, go give it a whirl and report back

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I just went out and made sure it was still here. It is, it’s been sitting outside for 3yrs and 1week. It looks straight in the dark, I’ll pull it out and grab some pictures in the morning.

I’ll pm the pics and my contact info.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well what is holding the two outside hubs in line if there is no center shaft, or can i not see it.
There is a center shaft that’s keyed to hold everything in line and drive the cylinder. It’s not in my pictures because it’s in my combine driving the new cylinder. It’s not visible in the OPs pictures, but it’s there.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There is a center shaft that’s keyed to hold everything in line and drive the cylinder. It’s not in my pictures because it’s in my combine driving the new cylinder. It’s not visible in the OPs pictures, but it’s there.
Hillbilly I noticed your used cylinder has 2 bolts per rub bar are those spiders compatible with OP new rub bars?
I see only one bolt on coldcanuk new bars.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hillbilly I noticed your used cylinder has 2 bolts per rub bar are those spiders compatible with OP new rub bars?
I see only one bolt on coldcanuk new bars.
Yes there compatible deere changed that about 16 years ago maybe more. The new one bolts bars use metric hardware and are quicker to replace because you don't have to thread the inside bolt into the bar.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I ran into a situation like that on the feeder chain of a 7721. Everything looked fine with the restricted view of the feederhouse, but when we finally broke the chain (after a couple lower shafts that drive it) we discovered that the gears were not in alignment. It was caused when the PO installed 1 or 2 of the gears backwards on the shaft. I suspect if there are no stripped keyways, that someone may have installed one or more of your spiders backwards and changed the orientation to the shaft.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts