The Combine Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
CIH bearing price two weeks ago: $63. CIH bearing price today for the same bearing in the same box on the same shelf in the same dealership: $108. Screw the stock market, I should be investing in equipment parts.

With the price of used CNC machines making my own parts is starting to look pretty good.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Or you could have the output shaft on a TX66 bubble up auger gearbox that I bought 3 years ago as a spare. Was ~$250 then but is $535 now. Putting it together the other day and thought the welds for the fingers that drive the auger looked a little light. Not only that but all four were cracked. Had to grind and put another bead on. Wonder if the $535 one is better? Not taking any chances, I'll make my own.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Not as expensive but still ridiculously over priced...

RE65265 Bosch hand primer pump, one of those you see on the inline Bosch pumps, been used for the last 40 years or more, my cost at my Deere dealer was $55.44CAN plus $1.81 for the brass sealing washer.

Seemed a bit high to me, did some checking that evening online and what do you know, had four of the exact same pumps including the washers shipped to me from a diesel shop in Michigan USA for $82CAN total, that was just over $16 each plus $15 for shipping or $20.50CAN each.

Not often I return parts, but this was one time I made an exception and I took my little package and reciept along to show them. Like I explained to dealer, I got no prob them making a few bucks but to be well over 200% markup over other's retail store price is just simply wrong and I blame corporate Deere for that. I'm finding much the same with many other parts especially for the older equipment, things like headgaskets, bearings and more, way cheaper to source from the OEM supplier than to buy from Deere. Industrial Deere thru Brandt, now wow, thats a whole new game of screw and gouge:eek:
Finding I need to source elsewhere whatever I can of the proprietary parts for my wheel loader my local ag dealer can't order or sell, as those industrial guys are completely nuts!

These are the primer pumps I bought,
OEM Bosch Diesel Hand Primer - Replaces screw-down type. Fits MANY applications! | eBay

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Not as expensive but still ridiculously over priced...

RE65265 Bosch hand primer pump, one of those you see on the inline Bosch pumps, been used for the last 40 years or more, my cost at my Deere dealer was $55.44CAN plus $1.81 for the brass sealing washer.

Seemed a bit high to me, did some checking that evening online and what do you know, had four of the exact same pumps including the washers shipped to me from a diesel shop in Michigan USA for $82CAN total, that was just over $16 each plus $15 for shipping or $20.50CAN each.

Not often I return parts, but this was one time I made an exception and I took my little package and reciept along to show them. Like I explained to dealer, I got no prob them making a few bucks but to be well over 200% markup over other's retail store price is just simply wrong and I blame corporate Deere for that. I'm finding much the same with many other parts especially for the older equipment, things like headgaskets, bearings and more, way cheaper to source from the OEM supplier than to buy from Deere. Industrial Deere thru Brandt, now wow, thats a whole new game of screw and gouge:eek:
Finding I need to source elsewhere whatever I can of the proprietary parts for my wheel loader my local ag dealer can't order or sell, as those industrial guys are completely nuts!

These are the primer pumps I bought,
OEM Bosch Diesel Hand Primer - Replaces screw-down type. Fits MANY applications! | eBay
That's interesting, just bought one when I started swathing buckwheat, got it from my Deere dealer for 16$! I was actually surprised as I was thinking 40$

Didn't they at least hand you vasaline before they bent you over the counter? I wouldn't have when I returned it, that's for sure....

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
What is 60 link and 50 link chain worth? JD qouted $163 and $123 per 10ft box...i need 3 boxes i think to do unload auger, feeder house and auger drive on 930 front...so it adds up.

Ant...

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I see in ebay you can get stainless steel chain? I do 150 hours a year...and prone to rust being coastal etc....chains always go rusty before they wear...

Ant...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I think you will find that you will need more than 3 boxes to do all of that.

Take them off at the end of the season and leave them in a drum of sump oil until next year?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Current chains are shagged...i dont need elevator chains just feeder drive ..unload...table auger drive....can get for 1/3 of price from WA

Ant....

·
Registered
156 Posts
on CTS the charge pressure sensor was leaking.
Sensor 95.00 witch is a change up part that requires a wiring adapter at 45.00
A&I had the sensor for 40.00 but I had to give Deere 45.00 for 4" of wire with a 2 wire flat plug on one end and a square 2 wire plug at the other end

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Out of interest i need to buy a new feederhouse to header adapter female electrical plug...the one on the combine side...im blowed if i can find in parts book?? LH side of feeder house...

Ant....

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Out of interest i need to buy a new feederhouse to header adapter female electrical plug...the one on the combine side...im blowed if i can find in parts book?? LH side of feeder house...

Ant....
Most likely you will only find that on the end of the harness in the parts book--until you look at "electrical service parts" or something like that. TIP: don't get that plug from JD. Depending on which combine you have, you can get the plug at electrical/automotive suppliers. They are pretty standard plugs (except for the single point one).

21 - 37 of 37 Posts