The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9500 and was wonder if their was a way to set this machine to eliminate getting oat cheat in the bin. Every once in a while we have an oat cheat problem, and this is the year!!

Thanks in adavance GG

·
Registered
590 Posts
A couple of years ago we had a bad cheat problem in certain fields, primarily the 2nd and 3rd year wheat, as I recall. All we could do was follow the instructions in the operators manual (running a 9410) and fine tune the settings (fan, seives, chaffe etc) until we got the loss down to a minimum, i.e. where we could not get anymore out, and that was it. It is really hard to get the cheat out. We cut a field for a neighbor that got docked 45%, and it was a lot of cheat.

Someone else may have a magic forumula that works, and if they do, please enlighten us.

What is cheat? Cheat is a grass that has a seed similar to oats only in a smaller form, and it is hard to blow out and separate from HRW. Really almost impossible, actually, impossible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you dont know or have oat cheat, consider yourself lucky. it is very invasive, and as earlier stated, hard to clean out of hard red winter wheat, It is a problem here in Oklahoma. The best was for us to control it is to burn every three years. May try spraying it next winter......thanks GG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts