The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
The last I had to do with one was about 10 years ago. Parts were a bit hard to get back then. They were based on the 1065 SP, so parts which are the same as the 1065 should still be available.

Ours was 1000 rpm PTO. But I know of someone else who ran one with a Chamberlain 4480 tractor, as far as I know the Chamberlain sedans only ever had 540 PTO. So I don't know what they did to make it work.

Quite inventive the way that the comb folds around behind the header for transport. Good sized box too.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The fold for the front is genius. Someone very smart thought that one up.

Because it was built at chamberlain factory in Perth a lot of the part numbers have the chamberlain prefix and these cannot be got from jd. Just not available.

I've had ours 4 years. Harvested with it for 2 years when we started cropping and been using it for 2 years as a chaser bin with a small extension to hold about 10500 liters now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it looks like a good design with good capacity! I am looking to replace my john deere 7720 which ran out of oil! Not worth money spending to fix these days!
Have a john deere 4640 tractor 1000rpm and so looking for options to harvest 300 acres per year so thought the 1051 may be an option

·
Registered
650 Posts
For 300 acres, yes, the 1051 may be an option.

But if it was me, I would look around for an old 7720. They can be bought at clearing sales for under $5000 these days, and you have your old machine to use for parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.