The Combine Forum banner

John deere 10RX?

4740 Views 21 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  SK Farmer
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Kind of looks like its missing some bits on the back end.
Didn't Deere used to say only using two sets of bogies on each track unit was a feature? I see they've now gone to three like everyone else.
Finally getting something built that will pull the big loads. The quads and RX had more power and not enough bulk. In our area they were good enough for about 500 hp with the existing chassis. I do welcome the big displacement and hope the small engines are gone in over 500 hp tractors.
Reactions: 1
Is this ChatGPT run amuck again??? Looks mean as hell but there’s a lot just not working there!
Looks wider than the Quadtrac’s, how many ponies?
Looks wider than the Quadtrac’s, how many ponies?
It needs to be our there on the 120 inch centers like their extensions on the current RX. It will really increase the pulling power on hills and turning under load.
to me it looks photo shopped, the front dif seems to run through the motor and there is no rear diff.
can No one design an exhaust system that doesn’t look circus-sized? most colours and engineers should be embarrassed. exhaust system causing all kinds of problems, adds costs to the tractor, looks like An afterthought and blocks field of view.
Like already posted the front diff seems to go right through the engine and there appears to be no rear diff. Sitting on the trailer looking at front with the wide load sign really looks cut and paste. Definitely a halo around it.
It might be real. If I recall correctly those John Deere don’t run straight axles but have a big step in them. So the axle is much much lower than where it looks to be.
It might be real. If I recall correctly those John Deere don’t run straight axles but have a big step in them. So the axle is much much lower than where it looks to be.
Yes, I think you are right about the axles, but I agree with joesixpack, the picture looking head on at the tractor looks like the tractor was photoshopped onto the trailer, there is definitely a halo around the tractor. Not sure about the rest of the pictures though. Stable diffusion and its ilk can make pretty photorealistic images.
there is definitely a halo around the tractor.
That looks like normal chromatic aberration to me. Pretty typical in images that are zoomed way in (zoomed digitally) and have been through a jpeg compressor a few times.
That looks like normal chromatic aberration to me. Pretty typical in images that are zoomed way in (zoomed digitally) and have been through a jpeg compressor a few times.
Interesting, I did not know that. Maybe isn't a hoax then! Hard to trust even pictures these days. On a different note, that tractor looks to be pretty low clearance. As heavy as it likely is, even with massive tracks, surely that could be asking for trouble in soft ground.
Who knows. Could be a prototype that will never turn into a production model. Could be completely faked.

In my experience most faked farm machinery images come from people who don't really understand the machines and how they work, so they are quite easy to spot. And from my experience with AI-generated images, when it comes to technical things (structures, architecture, machines), they do a pretty poor job because the AI has no clue how something is put together, only vaguely what it looks like. Most of my prompt-created images I've made on bing look kind of plausible at first but if you look for a moment, you think, that can't possibly work. A new form of uncanny valley. But I digress.
Yes they are stepped. Here is a current production 120 inch axle spacing RX that shows the axle isn't straight across to the drive wheel.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Maybe exhaust and tanks are to trick us ? Think electric or hydrogen.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts