The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4420 and I was setting up my 210 Head, I thought it would be straight forward but the Reel on the head does not spin. When I purchased the Combine and the head it was working. I replaced the hydraulic lines 2 years ago and did not use it. Could the hydraulic motor be bad or am I doing something wrong. I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Make sure the half moon key on the shaft is still in and good. We had one shear and a 924 head with a 8820. Drove me nuts trying to figure out thinking it was hydraulic issue. I know models are different but principal is the same and drives are the same or similar.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Very simple system, step thru it.
  • Make sure the belt is still on the reel drive pump - way back in behind the other pulleys on the primary countershaft. Turn the feeder belt by hand enough to verify the pump shaft is turning.
  • Make sure the reel speed valve is actually turning with the knob....I've seen them freeze up and the knob turns on the shaft. Tighten the setscrew.
  • Check the couplers.
  • Very rarely have I even heard of the reel drive motor failing
  • Make sure the chain is on the reel drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  • Make sure the belt is still on the reel drive pump - way back in behind the other pulleys on the primary countershaft. Turn the feeder belt by hand enough to verify the pump shaft is turning.
  • Make sure the reel speed valve is actually turning with the knob....I've seen them freeze up and the knob turns on the shaft. Tighten the setscrew.
  • Check the couplers.
  • Check the couplers.
It was the reel belt it was totally rotted off. Replaced it and runs like a charm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts