The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v found a John deere 5030 tractor from a retired farmer but I can't seem too find any information about a 5030 online. If anyone knows the specs or just general information about the 5030 that would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
There is no actual model designated "5030", not even in Europe to my knowledge. Think you got some numbers crossed. If you can tell us what style it is, that will go a long ways to being able to determine if you are looking at a two cylinder (530), New Generation (5020/6030) or the more recent 5000 utility series.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply albertabuck, if you don't mind I can take your email and try to send you pictures of it. It appears to be factory lettering on the side which says "5030". It does look like a 6030 tractor though, so im not sure if the numbers that are painted on the side somehow got mixed up or what haha. Its a 70's deere so its not a 530 or 5000 series.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Collectors item maybe!!!!!!!????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha maybe, I got to looking at it and im starting to think its a 5020 with a 6030 engine so maybe they painted "5030" on it haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think im getting closer to solving this puzzle of a tractor. Im pretty sure it started out as a 6030 ( has the holes for on the hood for the John deere 6030 emblem, but has a 5020 one on it now) and I assume the original 531 blew up so it has a 619 (6619AR-01) in it now and the frame has been extended. The extension is probably to fit the 619 i,d assume. So its turbo charged and got a Bosch fuel pump. But I still don't understand why it says 5030 in the side haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts