The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

Does anyone has experience with the JD 600x headers? Are they reliable? Have anyone tried them in peas or soy?

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
EDIT: Ah--I was not thinking about the new 600X head...we often use X to stand for (fill in this with) so I assumed 600F, D,or R.. Thanks for commenting, Jonz.

Lerot: Our company (Headsight) sells more conversion kits to put the 600F header on other model combines than any other head on the market. The general consensus seems to be that they are the best auger head available. They work extremely well for crops like soybeans. However, if your crop has significant bunching/feeding problems or you are trying to run maximum thru-put, you may wish to look into a draper.

Note-the 600D & R heads are not good for beans...standing grains usually.

·
Registered
104 Posts
600x head is John deere's new canola head right? Looks like it would work great for canola and wheat but I think you would still need a flex head for beans and peas. I wonder how much they cost?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the German engineering and design guys at home all harvest with their prototype T670 and 635X running beside my s680.
I don't have anything good to say about those cutterbars apart from they work well in brassicas and OK in wheat barley and linseed/flax was terrible. The 635x weighs around 4200kg so very heavy. The Center bearings on the table auger seem to give lots of problems. Basically the JD guys were very disappointed with it what I will say is the Prototype T670 went really well with good capacity especially harvesting 13.5t/ha wheat with a 35 foot head and chopping all the straw very impressed with the machine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the German engineering and design guys at home all harvest with their prototype T670 and 635X running beside my s680.
I don't have anything good to say about those cutterbars apart from they work well in brassicas and OK in wheat barley and linseed/flax was terrible. The 635x weighs around 4200kg so very heavy. The Center bearings on the table auger seem to give lots of problems. Basically the JD guys were very disappointed with it what I will say is the Prototype T670 went really well with good capacity especially harvesting 13.5t/ha wheat with a 35 foot head and chopping all the straw very impressed with the machine.
That T670 is essentially a modernized 9600, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts